There is an important update for candidates interested in working as an apprentice with the reputed Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Mumbai. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research has been designated the status of a deemed university and is also the Government of India’s national centre for Nuclear Science and Mathematics. It is widely known for its research facilities, and candidates eagerly await an opportunity to work there.
As per the latest advertisement published by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), interested candidates are being invited to apply for the post of “Tradesman Trainees- Trade Apprentices under Apprentice Act 1961.”
As per the notification, a total of 3 vacancies have been advertised wherein two vacancies pertain to the position of Tradesman Trainee – Mechanist and one position pertains to the post of Tradesman Trainee – Turner. The selection will be based on walk-in interviews to be conducted on 25th November 2019.
Candidates need to report at the venue from 9.00 AM onwards, and no candidates would be allowed after 12.00 noon. Therefore, all the candidates who wish to apply for these positions must reach the venue as soon as possible, to avoid any hassles. The venue for the interview will be Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, 1 Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai – 400005.
TIFR Recruitment 2019: Important Dates
Candidates who are considering applying for the aforementioned positions should note the below-mentioned dates to avoid any last-minute hassles: –
|1||Release of advertisement regarding the vacancies||14th November 2019|
|2||Walk-in interviews for the advertised vacancies||25th November 2019|
|3||Start time for the interview||25th November 2019, 9.00 AM|
|4||Cut-off time for the interview||25th November 2019, 12.00 noon|
|5||Release of the final result||To be announced|
TIFR Recruitment 2019: Important Information
Candidates must note the below mentioned important information pertaining to the TIFR Recruitment 2019: –
- The maximum age for the post of Tradesman Trainee – Mechanist is 28 years. The candidate must have an ITI, i.e. National Trade Certificate with at least 60% marks from the National Council of Vocational Training in the Machinist Trade.
- The maximum age for the post of Tradesman Trainee – Turner is 28 years. The candidate must have an ITI, i.e. National Trade Certificate with at least 60% marks from the National Council of Vocational Training in the Turner Trade.
- Candidates would be placed for training at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Mumbai. A stipend of Rs. 12,500 per month would be paid to the apprentice.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to register at the internship portal, i.e. apprenticeship.gov.in. Candidates must bring with them a printed copy of the email to be considered for the interview.
- Candidates must bring original as well as a photocopy of their educational and experience documents at the time of interview.