Institute for Chartered Accountants in India is a body that is dedicated to the profession of accounting. It is a professional body that looks into any aspect relating to the Chartered Accounting in India. The exams for Chartered Accounting are also conducted by the Institute itself. It keeps the candidate’s updates about the exams through its official website.
There are several stages of CA examinations constituting different papers. Recently, ICAI had postponed several examinations due to the Ayodhya verdict that was to be out around the same dates as the exam.
Thus, the exam that was scheduled for 9th and 11th November 2019 were postponed. ICAI took to its website to announce the new dates for these rescheduled examinations. Candidates who were going to appear for these exams must check out the new dates.
The exams that were postponed from 9th and 11th November are as follows –
- Foundation, Paper 1
- Final (Old Scheme) Examination (Group II), Paper 5
- Final (New Scheme) Examination (Group II), Paper 5
- Insurance and Risk Management (IRM),Technical examination, Paper 1
- Internal Taxation – Assessment Test (INTT-AT), Paper 1
- Intermediate (IPC) (Old Scheme) Examination (Group II), Paper 5
- Intermediate (New Scheme) Examination (Group II), Paper 5
The new dates have now been announced for these examinations. The first four examinations in the above list will be conducted on 19th November 2019. The last two examinations in the list will now be conducted on 20th November 2019.
The notification also cleared that any changes to the exams pertaining to the notification released on 16th August 2019 will be the same as was directed in an announcement made on 10th November 2019. The announcement is available on the official website of ICAI.
Candidates appearing for the upcoming CA examinations can download the notification released by ICAI to look into the schedule –
- Step-1: Visit the official website of Institute of Chartered Accountants in India, which is https://www.icai.org/
- Step-2: Go to the ‘What’s New’ section on the homepage of the website. There will be several links to recent information.
- Step-3: Click on the link which reads “CA EXAMS – Important Announcement – (14-11-2019)”
- Step-4: Candidates will be redirected to a new page. The notification along with the schedule will appear on this page.
- Step-5: Candidates must carefully go through the notification and check the dates of the various examinations.
- Step-6: Candidates can either make a note of the schedule pertaining to the exam they will be appearing for or take a printout as per their convenience.
With the examinations coming up very soon, candidates should continue their preparation process diligently so that they can easily crack the exams.