The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) was instated by the Government of India with the aim to create a recruitment body. This body has been sanctioned the duties of carrying out organised recruitment of various vacancies in the multiple departments of the Government or in Subordinate services.
SSC notifies various vacancies and recruitment drives on its official website from where candidates can apply for the posts for which they are eligible.
The Staff Selection Commission had notified the recruitment drive for the post of SSC Stenographer in Grades C and D. The recruitment process entails a written test followed by a skill test. Candidates will be selected once they qualify for the skill test.
The admit card of the skill test for the SSC Stenographer 2019 examination has been released by the Staff Selection Commission.
Here are a few simple steps that the candidates can follow in order to download the admit card for their skill test –
- Step-1: Visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission, which is https://ssc.nic.in/ Candidates must avoid using other alien links for downloading the admit card.
- Step-2: On the homepage, click on the menu option on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Step-3: Under the Menu, select the ‘Admit Card’ option. A fresh page will open up with a number of links for the admit card.
- Step-4: Candidates must note that the admit cards can be downloaded from regional websites. In this page, candidates must select the regional website for the region from which they had applied.
- Step-5: A new website will open up. Navigate to admit cards tab and download the admit card.
- Step-6: Take a printout of the admit card to save it as a hard copy.
In order to be recruited candidates should be well-prepared for the skill test. The skill test will entail a dictation in English or Hindi. However, candidates who have opted to appear for the examination in Hindi will have to learn English Stenography and vice versa. This dictation will continue for 10 minutes to assess the speed of the candidates. The dictated matter will then have to be transcribed by the candidates on the computer.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for SSC Stenographer Recruitment- PaGalGuY
For Stenographer Grade C skill text, the dictation will be carried out at a speed of 100 words per minute. Candidates will be given 40 minutes for transcribing the matter. On the other hand, Stenographer Grade D skill test dictation will be conducted at the speed of 80 words per minute with not more than 50 minutes for transcribing.
Once candidates qualify in the skill test, they will be eligible for document verification and subsequent recruitment.