SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Exam Information
A Stenographer is someone who records the spoken words into a steno machine or kind of shorthand typewriter and works in a courtroom or any legal proceedings corporate place. Therefore, the most vital skill required for the stenographer is the fast and accurate typing skills. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organizes the exam to select the candidates for the post of Stenographer Grade C and D. Staff Selection Commission organizes national level entrance exams for numerous organizations as a single level exam. The organizations include Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Assam Rifles (AF) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), and Central Armed Police Force (CAPF). Every year staff selection commission publishes notifications for Stenographer Grade C and Grade D vacancy. Stenographer post presented by SSC is a central government job with a satisfactory remuneration and social respect. The brief description of the job is as follows:-
- The officer gives speech writing
- Briefings of the press conference
- Assisting the minister or officer
- Assistance in public relations (PR)
Staff Selection Commission Stenographer 2019 is an all India Entrance Exam which will be released by the Staff Selection Commission. The exam will be conducted in two stages which are computer-based test and skill test. The stenography skill test consists of speed of at 100 w.p.m & 80 w.p.m for the posts of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D respectively. It is anticipated for recruitment to the post of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D. The highlights of the exam are as follows:-
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Stenographer|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National Level Test|
|Eligibility||Completed 12th Standard or equivalent degree|
|Name of posts||Steno Grade C & D|
|Category||SSC Stenographer Recruitment|
|Examination Mode||Written Exam and Skill Test|
|Duration||Written Test – 2 hours
Skill Test – 10 minutes
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Exam Date
Staff Selection Commission or SSC will be organising the exam to select the candidates for the post of Stenographer Grade C and D. The notification of the exam has already been released on 22nd October 2018. Candidates should refer the official page of the staff choice commission of India to get the insights regarding the opportunity, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria and so on. The test of SSC Stenographer 2018-19 Grade C and D paper 1 is to be led on 05th February to 07th February 2019. A range of abilities is to be directed after the beginning of SSC Stenographer Grade C and D, the dates for which will be declared soon.
Candidates who wish to apply for the SSC Stenographer should note the following important dates for the examination:-
|Submission of Online Application||20th September 2019 to 16th October 2019.|
|Last Date of receipt of application||18th October 2019.|
|Last date of making online fee payment||18th October 2019.|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||20th October 2019|
|Last date of payment through Challan||20th October 2019|
|Admit Card||April 2020|
|Date of Computer based Exam||5th May 2020 to 7th May 2020.|
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility criteria which candidates need to qualify before applying for the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Exam. The recruitment authority has laid down the following eligibility criteria:-
- A Candidate is required to be at least 12th pass from the recognized university. Candidates should note that the document verification will be done before the final selection for the vacancy.
- Candidate must be either a national of India or a subject of Nepal or subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan displaced person who approached India, before the first January 1962 with the reason for settling in India or an individual of Indian birthplace who has moved from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, East African nations of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly known as Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the expectation of for all time settling in India.
- Candidate should be minimum of age 18 years till 30 years to be eligible for SSC Stenographer Grade C exam
- Candidate should be minimum of age 18 years till 27 years to be eligible for SSC Stenographer Grade D Exam
- The age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates is 5 years, for OBC candidates is 3 years, for PHD (Unreserved) candidates is 10 years, for PWD (OBC) candidates is 13 years, and for PWD (SC/ST) Candidates is 15 years.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Registration
Candidates who wish to apply for the SSC Stenographer must fill the application form on or before the last date of the application form submission. The application fee for the general candidates is INR 100 and payable only through online application at the official website. Candidates who belong to the scheduled caste, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with disability and women candidates are not required to pay any application fees.
Candidates should follow the subsequent steps to apply for the examination for vacancy of SSC Stenographer:-
- The first thing is that the candidate should be entirely eligible for the vacancy of the job
- It is important that the candidates read the complete vacancy details on the official website of SSC.
- It is mandatory that the candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria as failing to meet so the candidate would be rejected for the vacancy post.
- Candidates would need to visit the official website of SSC to fill the application form.
- Candidates should check the latest news tab for any update and information on the examination and vacancy.
- Candidates then can click on apply online to fill the application form online
- Candidates would need to register themselves first to get the login details.
- Candidates would be able to fill and submit the application form only after the registration and login successful.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC Stenographer 2018 would be directed in 2 different levels to select eligible candidates. The first level is the written exam and is conducted online. Skill Set is only for those candidates who qualify the written examination. The duration for the written exam will be 2 hours and each question will carry one mark and the total number of the questions will be 200. Candidates should remember not to do the guess work as there will be the negative marking for the each wrong answer. It should be noted that 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. The question paper will be set for Hindi and English both except part 3.
The highlights of the exam are as follows:-
|Examination Mode||Online Exam and Skill Test for Stenography|
|Stages in Exam||2|
|Sections in Exam||Three Sections –
1. General Intelligence
2. English Language
3. Comprehension and General Awareness
|Type of Question paper||Paper 1 – Multiple Choice Questions
Paper 2 – Written Exam
|Duration of the Exam||
2 hours for the General candidates and 40 minutes extra for the visually handicapped candidates
|Language of Exam||Hindi and English both|
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Syllabus
Candidates should be aware of the detailed syllabus of the SSC Stenographer to ace the examination. There are three major sections of the question paper which are general awareness, general Intelligence/reasoning and English Language. It is necessary that the candidates should be proficient in all the three sections for the paper 1 of staff selection commission Stenographer examination. The skill set is part 2 of the paper where the candidate would need to write the dictated words. The requirements for the skill set which will be conducted both on computer and on paper are as follows:-
- 80 words per minute is required for the post of stenographer grade D
- 100 words per minute is the requirement for the post of Stenographer Grade C
The highlights of the syllabus are as follows:-
English Language & Comprehension
General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Sports & Economy||Grammar & Vocabulary||Arithmetic & Computation|
|Scientific Research||Para Jumbles||Number- Series|
|Current- Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual- Memory|
|Awards & Honours||Sentence Structure forming||Blood- relation|
|History and the important dates in history||Decision Making|
|Problem Solving Skills|
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will discharge the timetable and Admit Card of the composed examination. Concede Card will be first discharged for the written test and competitors who succeed the composed test will be allowed to show up for the ability test. SSC will release the admit card for skill test only to those candidates who have successfully qualified the written exam. Candidates would need to visit the official website to download the written exam call letter which will be available once the SSC has released the admit card. The admit card for SSC Stenographer will be issued region-wise for the candidates to download.
Candidates can follow the following steps to download the SSC Stenographer 2019 admit card:-
- Candidates would need to visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission of India (SSC)
- Candidates would need to enter the roll no and registration ID provided at the time of registration for the exam
- Candidates would then need to provide the date of birth and password
- Then the candidates would need to select the preferred area/city and it has to be same which was mentioned at the time of registration.
- Candidates will now get the admit card in the PDF format
- In case the candidate doesn’t remember the roll no or registration number or has forgotten then he can get the admit card with the candidate name and father’s name and download the admit card.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Result
Candidates would need to check the result on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission as the result will be announced only the official website. SSC will announce the result one or two months later after the skill set examination has been conducted. The list of successful candidates will be uploaded on the official website of SSC. Candidates who will qualify the written examination will be selected for the skill set examination. Only the successful candidates who have cleared both the written examination and the skill set will appear on the final selected list of candidates.
Candidates can follow the below steps to download the result for SSC Result 2019:-
- Candidates would need to visit the official website for the exam results
- Candidates would need to press on “Steno C & D” tab available on new window.
- Then click on the additional result of skill test link to get the results
- SSC merit list will be displayed in front of the screen
- Candidates should save the result for the future reference and check with the roll number.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment Cutoff
The cut off for SSC Stenographer 2018-19 will be recognized once the outcome for the equivalent has been declared by staff choice commission of India.
Candidates can check the previous year 2017 cut off for the written examination which is as follows:-
Cut-off for Grade C
Cut-off for Grade D