Commission proposes to replace Preliminary exams of SSC CGL, CHSL, RRB NTPC, and Banking with a Common Entrance Test (CET) from 2019, Check details here
In an official report submitted by the Rajya Sabha Committee on March 14, 2018, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has proposed to replace the SSC CGL Tier 1 2019, SSC CHSL Tier 1 2019, RRB NTPC Stage 1 2019 and other Bank Clerical exams with a Common Entrance Test (CET) from the year 2019. The Hon’ble Finance Minister had earlier proposed in its Finance Budget speech (2016-17) to introduce a Common Eligibility Test (CET) to recruit candidates for vacancies of Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted) and below level posts in the Government of India.
How will CET impact SSC 2019, RRB 2019, Banking 2019 aspirants?
Tier- 1 /Common Screening Test / Common Entrance Test will replace the preliminary/stage 1 exams conducted by all the recruiting agencies of the Government of India.
- Your score in CET 2019 will determine your eligibility for Tier-II in respective exams.
- Your CET score may stay valid for two years.
- Tier – II will be conducted independently by the concerned recruiting agencies and will not be common for all exams.
- Candidates would mandatorily have to register themselves on a dedicated portal developed by the National Career Services (NCS) of the Ministry of Labour & Employment, which would generate a unique ID for each candidate.
- CET would be conducted at three levels: (i) Matriculation Level; (ii) Higher Secondary (10+2) Level; and (iii) Graduation Level.
It has been decided by the Government that in the Financial Year 2018-19, only one level of CETs, i.e. at the Graduation Level would be conducted. This effectively means that SSC CGL 2019 Tier 1 and RRB NTPC 2019, Banking would be conducted in February 2019. In the successive year(s), all the three levels of examination would be conducted.
There is also scope for you to apply for various recruitment drives by State Governments / Public Sector Undertakings / Private Sector on the basis of your CET score. The Government has also proposed to include only those examinations in CET which are presently conducted in English and Hindi medium only.
Know more about the CET 2019 exam preparation, paper pattern, exam date here