SRMJEEE is an exam conducted by SRM Institute of Science and Technology for admission in B.Tech at its four campuses in Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani and Delhi-NCR Ghaziabad. SRMJEEE is a computer based test held online. Candidates should go through the pattern thoroughly before starting their preparation for the examination. The various things included in the pattern are types of questions asked, duration of the test, marking scheme, etc.
Exam Dates and other Important Dates
The registration for SRMJEEE 2019 has started from October 27, 2018 and the last date to fill the online application form is March 31, 2019. The exam will be conducted from April 15 to 25, 2019 and the result will be announced in the first week of May.
SRMJEEE 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates can get a fair idea about what to expect in the examination by going through the pattern of the examination properly. The number of questions asked, types of questions asked and the duration of the exam helps in the preparation process of the candidates. The details of the pattern are given below:
Language of the exam
All questions will be asked in English language.
SRMJEEE 2019 is a computer based online test.
Duration of the test
The total duration of the examination is two and a half hours.
The subjects from which various questions will be asked include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates have to appear for Biology in place of Mathematics for taking admission in B.Tech Biotechnology.
Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer by the candidates. No marks will be deducted for wrong answer.
The number of questions and marks of each subject are given in the table below:
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks per question||Total marks|
Biology is added in place of Mathematics for candidates seeking admission in B.Tech Biotechnology.
Syllabus of SRMJEEE 2019
Along with a detailed understanding of the pattern of the examination, the candidates should go through the syllabus of each subject. With this candidates get an idea about what type of questions can be asked and from which topics. Most of the topics prescribed in the syllabus for various subjects by the university are same as that of 11th and 12th standard syllabus of the respective subjects.
- Units and Measurement
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Nuclear Physics and dual nature of matter
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Ray and Wave Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Electronics and Communication
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- Periodic properties of Chemical families
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Energetics
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Surface Chemistry and Chemical Kinetics
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Matrices and Determinants and their Applications
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Mathematical Induction and its applications
- Sequence and Series
- Permutation and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Calculus and its Applications
- Straight lines in two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Vector Algebra
Sample Papers and Other Instruction
- Candidates should go through previous year’s question papers to get an idea about the types of questions asked in the examination.
- The admit card should be in a good condition and should not be tampered. It is important to carry a copy of the same to examination hall.
- Candidates should reach the examination hall on time as late entry will not be allowed.
- No impersonation should be done as it is punishable.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry other materials such as pens, pencils or papers as the exam mode is online.
- Electronics like calculators or mobile phones are also not permitted in the exam hall.