SIES School of Business Studies, Mumbai, is one of the premier B-schools in India. The Business school offers three two-year full-time PGDM programs- PGDM, PGDM Biotechnology, and PGDM Pharmaceutical. In the recent All India Rankings by Times of India, SIES SBS secured the 8th rank becoming one of the leading institutions in the country. The Business school is known to provide a well-defined balance between a state-of-art infrastructure, experiential learning opportunities, and stellar teaching pedagogy, thus making it a hotspot for aspiring MBA students.
This article is a guide for all aspiring students who want to learn more about the application process. The process commences when the students are asked to apply Online, where the application fee is Rs. 2000 with concessions on applying to more than one program. Once the application is submitted with the marks of the Qualifying exam, the students go through Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Post the interview, SIES SBS announces a merit list, and finally, the students receive their seats in the institute.
Here is a step-by-step guide on applying to SIES SBS.
SIES Common Application Form
SIES SBS needs the students to fill out a common application form that pertains to all three PGDM programs. The form must be submitted by paying the fee that can be paid through online sources such as NET banking, NEFT, RTGS, Credit Card, and Debit Cards, and offline sources.
Things to remember while filling out the form
- To keep things handy, the students need to keep a scanned copy of the image of their previous academic exam mark sheet.
- The scanned copy can be of the format- JPG and PNG.
- The students should also keep their passport photos and signature ready with them.
- The signature and photo should be on a white background.
- The students must keep their phones around to complete the registration process, as their mobile numbers will be used for the same.
- It is also advisable to avoid refreshing the browser or the back button.
- The website is compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Once the form is filled, it can only be edited till the announcement of GD-PI dates.
● The students need to visit the SIES SBS website and create an account. They need to click on “New Candidate Registration” and complete the page by filling in their basic information. There is also an option available to create a login with a password to save all the information. After filling in the basic information, the mobile number will be verified. The students need to fill out the verification code sent to the registered mobile number on the screen to complete the first step.
● After the number is verified, the students will be redirected to the “Candidate Login Page,” where the students need to use their username and password to move ahead with the process. As the login details are necessary, it is important to set up a username and password in the previous step.
● The form will require additional information, and the students need to fill in all the information correctly. It is optimum to review and edit all the information on each page to make sure that all the content is error-free. The information will include personal details, academic details, and options of PGDM courses which need to be put in order of the student’s preference.
● Furthermore, the students will now be required to upload scanned documents. The scanned documents should adhere to the size requirements. After the documents are uploaded, and the information and documents are verified, the form can proceed to be printed for submission to the college.
● Lastly, the students will enter the payment webpage, where they can opt for online payment or offline payment. Online payment includes net banking, credit, and debit card. In case of submitting the fee offline, the students need to pay at the college counter or pay with a DD in the name of SIES School of Business Studies.
Academic performance, Sports, and Extracurricular activities
After the form is submitted, the students will be shortlisted based on their score in either CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAH CET, MAT, or ATMA. Following the shortlisting, a GD and PI will be held that will be followed by document verification before revealing the final list of selected candidates and sending final offers.
Student life at SIES SBS
SIES SBS committees, amenities, and student opportunities
SIES SBS: All you need to know about student Life
With a wide range of academic opportunities and PGDM program options, SIES SBS has left its mark in the lineage of Business Schools in the country. Yet, what makes SIES SBS shine bright is not only its state-of-art infrastructure or blend of experiential and theoretical knowledge but also its focus on providing an optimum student experience. The campus is built on three acres of land and provides a space for the holistic development of the students.
With an extensive focus on optimizing students’ time on campus, SIES SBS has a large student activity center where students can engage with each other while working on extracurricular projects. It also has a recreational room, playgrounds, amphitheaters, common rooms, an auditorium, research cells, a yoga center, and many more. Some of the significant areas that accentuate students’ life at SIES SBS are as follows-
Canteen- The canteen is a space for recreation where meals are provided at subsidized rates. Students sit here for hours, work on projects, conduct informal meetings, and network with each other.
Counselor- As SIES SBS focuses on the mental health of the students, they have incorporated a support system to help students with personal and professional issues.
Yoga and meditation center- The space is much-liked by the students as it is a center to relieve the students from stress and increase their focus.
Library facilities- The business school provides the students with the opportunity to spend their time in a well-equipped library and reading room. The students can shuffle from the vast list of journals or surf e-materials online.
The students in SIES SBS have a vibrant life all throughout the year with a spread of college events. From Alumni meets, Trivia contests, debates, and academic events, the SIES SBS calendar always seem to be packed. But, the events don’t only range amongst formal and academic events; there are events that hail from Drama clubs and cultural committees that aim to bring an extracurricular influence on the students.
College Committees and Students Council
SIES SBS’s dynamic student life also includes committees and student councils. All the students are motivated to participate in these committees as they provide a platform to explore their talents and also learn social skills. These committees are skillfully created to help the students upskill themselves in an array of activities. There are 21 faculty-driven committees and five committees driven by students. By being a part of these committees, the students get a chance to hone their communication qualities and enhance their leadership skills. The committees are an important place to interact, network, and form connections that can last long. SIES SBS provides committees that cater to a wide range of audiences, such as academic and corporate interaction, NGO, cultural and sports, branding, and infrastructure.
SIES SBS is a well-sought Business school that levies importance on the overall growth of a student. The institute helps the student find a better version of themselves with practice and opportunities provided on campus. If you are looking for an institute that balances practical experience and growth with academics, SIES SBS should definitely be on your list.