The SBI PO Mains 2018 exam is scheduled for 4th August 2018. Candidates who have qualified prelims can download the SBI PO Admit Card/Call-Letter for Mains Exam from 20th July 2018 onwards.
Candidates must now begin revising for the SBI PO Mains Examination scheduled for 4th August. A guide of the Mains Examination Pattern, Syllabus and Books to follow has been provided for aspirants to prepare themselves.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
Duration: 3 hours
Sections: 4 Sections
Total Marks: 200 marks.
The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Negative marking: Marks equal to one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted for incorrect answers.
- There will be no sectional cut off in Mains.
Detailed breakup of SBI PO 2018 Mains Pattern (Objective):
Name of the test
No. of Qs. (tentative)
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60 minutes|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45 minutes|
|III||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||35 minutes|
|IV||English Language||35||40 minutes|
Duration: 30 minutes
Total Questions: 2 questions
Total Marks: 50 marks Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
SBI PO Mains Exam Syllabus
General/Economy/ Banking Awareness
|Tabular Graph||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Line Graph||Syllogism||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Pie Chart||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Radar Graph Caselet||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case DI||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Let it Case DI||Input Output||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Probability||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Permutation and Combination||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Course of Action|
SBI PO Mains Exam Books
Books to Prepare for SBI PO Mains 2018 Data Analysis and Interpretation (Quant):
- NCERT books.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) RajeshVerma.
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations(S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
Books to Prepare for SBI PO Mains 2018 Reasoning Ability:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non VerbalReasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal.
- A new approach Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning(Arihant) by BS Sijwali.
Books to Prepare for SBI PO Mains 2018 English:
- Word Power made Easy By Norman lewis.
- Objective General English By R. S. Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal
General/Financial Awareness Preparation:
- Do read regularly newspapers such as The Hindu/Indian Express and The Mint.
- Static GK relating to Indian demography, geography and culture should be revised. One can refer to Lucent for static GK.
- Important Banking Terminology can be read up online. Keeping track of important financial institutions (Indian and international) and any developments related with them is a must.
- Budget 2018/Economic Survey is a must for SBI PO Mains Financial Awareness.
Click Here to Join Discussion on SBI PO 2018 Admit Card