Registration for the MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) entrance examination at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh is going to end on October 15. The candidates will have to pay the application fees of Rs. 1000/- (for General Category students) and Rs. 800/- (for SC/ST students) before October 15 by filling the challan form in any State Bank of India branch.
PGIMER authorities have also mentioned that candidates who have generated their challan forms from i-collect before September 15, can pay the fees in any SBI branch until October 21. The decision behind extending the date of paying the fees for registration has been taken due to the festival holidays that will keep the banks shut for quite a few days.
The PGIMER MD/MS entrance examination will consist of 250 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with five alternatives to each of the questions. One or more options could be correct for any specific question, which the candidates need to find out. Incorrect answers will have negative marking. Candidates will get a total of 3 hours’ time to solve the questions.
· September 15: Commencement of online registration
· October 15: Last date of online registration and collection of fees challan
· October 21: Last date of receiving fees from candidates who have generated challan before September 15
· November 20: PGIMER entrance examination
· November 21: Declaration of results
· December 9 to January 27: Counselling rounds for selection of candidates
· January 31, 2017: Last date of completing admission for the academic session