Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh entrance examination for MD/MS courses will take place on November 20, 2016 for the January session. Here are some important points to remember for Foreign National and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) category students for the examination.
For Foreign National candidates
- Being a Foreign National candidate will not allow them to skip the entrance test. They will have to take up the examination on November 20 along with the other candidates.
- Under the Foreign National category, a separate merit list will be created, through which admission of these candidates will be made.
- Apart from the list prepared for Foreign National students, a separate list will be made for Bhutanese nationals.
- Once the Foreign National candidates are selected through the entrance examination, they need to apply to MCI to get a temporary registration while they undergo their PG course in the institute.
For Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- Candidates having dual citizenship and interested in applying for the MD/MS courses in the institute will fall under the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) category. OCI candidates are registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 and are eligible to appear for the test.
- The rules and regulations applicable to the Indian nationals will be applicable to the OCI candidates as well.
- OCI candidates need to give the entrance examination as well, to be able to get selected in the courses at the institute.
- At the time of counselling, the OCI candidates need to submit proof of registration as OCI to the concerned authorities.