PaGaLGuY is proud to announce its first ever Photography Competition exclusively for Engineering Students. To be judged by none other than the Pulitzer Prize nominee photographer Arko Datta.
Who can participate: If you are studying in an engineering institute, be it an IIT, IIIT, NIT or in any other Government or Private engineering college, this contest is for you.
What do you need: Pretty little. You have a camera, great. You don’t have a camera, better because all you need is just something that will go click click at the right time and right place. And that need not be a smartphone either, just any mobile camera will also do.
What can you photograph: You can shoot almost anything, but it has to do with your academic life, may be your campus walls, your college building, classrooms, stairways, corridors, mess food, professors, your BFFs or even the dogs and not so domesticated animals who loiter around.
Prizes: Cool ones. The best photo will go home with an Amazon-voucher worth of Rs 5,000. If you’ve just missed the First place, there is a voucher worth Rs 3,000 for the first runner-up. And hang on, there is a Third Prize too, a voucher worth Rs 2,000 for the second runner-up.
Entries: Contest starts on February 15, 2016 and ends on March 16, 2016. Send your photos to [email protected]
The Judge: Arko Datta’s photographs have been published in leading newspapers and magazines like The New York Times, Washington Post, Guardian, International Herald Tribune and on the covers of Time magazine, Newsweek, The Economist and more.
Arko Datta is also the co-founder of Udaan School of Photography.
Some of Arko Datta’s awards include:
· World Press ‘Photo of the Year’ 2004 award.
· Pulitzer Prize nomination for Breaking News Photography in 2005
· Photographer of the year by Asian Photography magazine (twice) in 2003 and 2004.
· Recognized as one of world’s top 20 photographers by Rotovision in its coffee table book.
Rules of the Contest:
1. Send your photographs with the following credentials,
1.1) PaGaLGuY username
1.2) Name of the Participant
1.3) Name of the institute
1.4) One-line caption for the photo
2. Send us the original full-size images. Remember this is a contest of talented photography, not ‘photoshopping’. Keep image editing to a bare minimum.
3. Only fresh and genuine photographs will be entertained. Photographs taken months ago will not make the cut. Make sure you have your time and date settings on while clicking the picture. Any legal issues arising out of a photograph sent for the competition will be borne by the sender.
4. The decision of the judge will be final and binding.
5. The winning photographs will be chosen on the basis of a combination of the number of likes on the photograph on our website, and the Judge’s scores.
6. PaGaLGuY will gain full, unlimited and irrevocable copyright to use all the photographs sent as entries for its publications in the future. We will always provide credit to the photographer whenever we use them, though.