National eligibility-cum-entrance test, NEET, is taken by students who wish to find admission in undergraduate and postgraduate medical as well as dental courses. NEET scores help students find admission into government and private institutions for education in India.
The exam will test students’ knowledge for the following subjects the candidate has studied during their medical graduation and the knowledge gained during their one year internship.
NEET PG exams are computer-based exams. The details of the exam are:
- The exam is held for three hours thirty minutes.
- It is a national level exam.
- The exam contains MCQs (multiple choice questions)
The marking scheme of the exam is as follows:
- The exam will be held for a total of 720 marks.
- Each question will be of 4 marks.
- For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks.
- For each incorrect answer, the candidate will be penalized for one mark.
What is the NEET rank predictor?
NEET rank predictor is an online tool that helps a candidate calculate their ranks after the exam and can be found online. To make use of an online rank predictor, follow the steps given below:
- Search for an online rank predictor and click on the link.
- You will then be redirected to a page for registration. Here you can log in with the help of your Gmail or Facebook account. Or you could make use of an email address, enter your name, mobile number and click on register.
- Once you register, you will be directed to page where you will need to enter various details, such as
- Your exam registration number,
- Date of birth
- Expected marks or approximate marks, etc.
- After you input all of the required details, you will have to click on “predict now” button.
- Your probable rank will be displayed on the screen.
How to calculate your approximate marks/scores?
To make use of the online rank predictor, you will need to know your approximate scores. The approximate scores that will candidate obtain on their NEET 2019 can be found by making use of the answer key.
The answer key is released on the official channel, a few days after the exam is held. Here is what the answer key contains:
- Answers to all the questions asked in the NEET test.
- Solutions to all problems in asked in the exam.
To make use of the answer key, the students will:
- Have to tally the answers with their answers,
- Have to keep track of the wrong answers, and
- Have to add four marks for each correct answer and deduct one mark each for every incorrect answer.
After the candidate follows the steps enumerated above, they will have an approximate score value. This score value can be added to the rank predictor for 2019, through which the candidate will be able to find a probable rank.
The candidates can have a look at the previous year’s cut off to have an understanding of what kind of a score will be desirable for them. The cut off scores should be checked according to the candidate’s category.
Benefits of making use of an online rank predictor
Here are some of the benefits for making use of an online rank predictor:
- The candidates will know what kind of rank to expect before the results are out.
- By knowing their approximate marks, a candidate will be able to judge their overall performance.
- After knowing their probable ranks, candidates will be able to go through the list of colleges which they can apply to after the declaration of NEET 2019 results.
Making use of the rank predictor will help the candidate to be mentally prepared for their results and will allow them to plan ahead.