NEET 2016: Last day for registration under 15% All India Quota seats in government colleges

The students, who have scored the required cut off marks in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) and are eligible for the 15% All India Quota seats, need to register themselves in the official website  of AIPMT, by 5 pm. today. For the 15% seats of the government colleges across the country, apart from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir, which have not participated in the counselling process, seat allotment procedure will begin from August 27, 2016. The rest of the 85% seats for the MBBS and BDS courses in the government colleges will be filled by the respective state government authorities. For private college admissions, NEET scores will be the only basis for allotment of seats in the country.

Process for Online Allotment under NEET counselling  

    • August 25 – Registration for the Main Counselling round ends
    • August 26 – Exercising of choices, indicative seats and locking of choices 
    • August 27 – Seat Allotment for Round 1 by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) 
    • August 28 – Results for the round 1 to be declared 
    • August 29 to September 3 – Students need to report to the allotted medical/dental college on the basis of Round 1 seat allotment
    • August 9 and 10 – Students left behind or willing to appear for round 2 of seat allocation need to exercise and lock their choices 
    • September 11 – Seat allotment for round 2 will take place
    • September 12 – Results would be published for round 2 seat allotment
    • September 13 to 20 – Students need to report at the allotted medical and dental colleges against the round 2 allotted seats
    • September 20 – After 5 pm., the remaining seats from the 15% All India Quota seats under NEET will be transferred to state quota.

Once the candidates are allotted seats in particular college for medical or dental courses, they need to  report to the colleges as soon as possible and must not wait for the last dates, as the admission procedure can take a few days to complete.

Read Next