Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER), Maharashtra has notified medical aspirants about the central counselling for admissions in unfilled seats at the deemed universities in the state. As per the Supreme Court order dated September 28, 2016, the state government is responsible for filling the seats remaining vacant after September 16 in deemed university medical and dental colleges across the state. The court order has extended the last date of admission from September 30 to October 7.
Candidates will have to fill choices for the unfilled seats in deemed university colleges on the DMER website before October 1. There are 10 medical and 8 dental colleges in the state which are affiliated to the deemed universities in the state. The online choice filling for these colleges is necessary for those candidates who have already registered with CET cell and registration cum choice filling for those who have registered previously with any of the deemed universities. The unfilled seats will be filled through two rounds of counselling conducted by the DMER before September 7, 2016.
· September 29 (after 8 pm): Display of college-wise vacancy
· September 29 to October 1: Online choice filling for the vacant seats in colleges
· October 1 (after 7 pm): Declaration of merit list based on choice filling and registration
· October 1 (after 10 pm): Declaration of the first selection list
· October 4 (up to 2 pm): Last date of joining for candidates from the first selection list
· October 4 (up to 8 pm): Display of vacant seats after round 1 admission
· October 4 (after 9 pm): Declaration of second selection list of candidates
· October 6: Last date of joining through second selection list