MAT (Management Aptitude Test) is a standardized test that is been administrated since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools. This MAT exam is to screen the candidates for admissions to MBA and allied programmes. Ministry of HRD, Government of India, approved the MAT exam as a national level test in 2003. The MAT exam is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) every year. MAT exams are held 4 times a year. MAT exams are held in the months of February, May, September, December.
The MAT exam is not that difficult. It is an easier version of the CAT exam. The questions asked in the MAT exam will be from moderate to easy.
MAT SELECTION PROCEDURE 2018:
- The candidates must take part in the exam it may be a computer-based or paper-based exam. The selection process will be made after the release of the result on or after December 24, 2018. The result will be released by the conducting body AIMA
- The selection procedure for MAT 2018 will consist of Group discussions (GD), Personal Interview (PI), and the Written Ability test (WAT).
- The selection process will vary from one institute to another.
- The candidates can check the result by logging on to the official website of AIMA. The candidates can check the result using the MAT registration number and roll number.
- The candidates are shortlisted with the help of the results. Based on the MAT result and cut off. The candidates who are shortlisted will be called by the institutes in which they have applied for admissions.
- In the selection procedure then, the next stage will be Group discussion round. In order, to qualify the round the candidate should know the current affairs. That would help one in qualifying the round of Group Discussion.
- The next process will be the personal interview and the written ability test. in personal interview/interaction some of the candidates would not take part efficiently because of soft nature so instead, the written ability test is given more importance than the PI. And most of the B schools are choose the written ability test rather than the Personal interview.
- The candidates have to qualify in this round with that of good percentile in order to get admissions in desired B schools.
Documents required for the selection process:
- MAT admit card 2018.
- MAT score card.
- Academic certificates of class 10th and 12th and a bachelor’s degree.
- Caste certificate.
- 6 Passport size photographs
- Any medical documents
- Bank draft as mentioned in the guidelines of MAT brochure.
These are the documents that are to be carried by the candidates during the selection process.
Aptitude tests are conducted by the MAT for discovering suitable and efficient candidates to meet the market standards in the future.
The candidates are selected based on the following factors like Marks in the qualifying exam, performance in MAT exam.