Joint Entrance Advanced is the examination basis which students get admission to IITs and ISMs across the country. JEE Advanced is a much stricter and tougher examination than that of JEE main. While for JEE main the student needs to appear for 2 papers while in JEE Advanced is strictly paper based. In order to be eligible for JEE Advanced students need to pass the JEE Mains.
To be eligible for JEE Advanced 2019 exam, the candidate needs to fulfill certain criteria and a candidate will not be eligible for the examination unless the criteria is met in totality.
- The candidates who are appearing for JEE Advanced will have to qualify for JEE Main and secure a position including all categories. For 2019 the candidate needs to secure a position amongst top 2,24,000 candidates.
- The candidate needs to pass Class 10+2 or any equivalent examination with an aggregate of at least 75% marks. For SC and ST candidates the qualifying marks is relaxed by 10% and age relaxation by 5 years. Hence they require an aggregate of 65% marks.
- For JEE Advanced 2019 candidates should be born on or after 1st Oct,1994. Candidates who are applying for JEE Advanced 2019 should have appeared for Class XII in 2018 or 2019 for the first time. Candidates will get a maximum of two attempts in two consecutive years to appear for JEE Advanced.
- Candidates must not have been admitted in any IIT within the country irrespective of whether he or she had continued with the program or not. If admission at IITs was cancelled in the past will not fulfill the eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2019. Candidates admitted to a preparatory course in any IIT for first time in 2018 will be eligible.
- Admission authorities will let the candidates appear for exam if paid fee for the seat acceptance but did not report at reporting Centre during JEE Adv 2018. But if Candidate have accepted any seat in any IIT in past will not be allowed.
- Candidates must fall within the age group as prescribed by authorities.
- If Board grants aggregate marks considering Class XI and Class XII examination (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks will be considered. In case a Board allotes aggregate marks considering the results of all the three years of 3 year diploma, then the marks scored in the final year will be considered. For the Boards that follows a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates should be within top 20 percentile of successful candidates in 12th standard (or equivalent) board examination.
Aggregate marks secured in the five subjects will be considered for calculating the and the cut off marks for fulfilling the top 20 percentile criteria:
- A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered)
- Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered)
- If Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Language are not evaluated in the first year (say in a 3-year diploma course), then the marks obtained for the same subject from the previous years will be considered for calculating percentage of aggregate marks.
For latest updates on JEE Advanced 2019 Application process, stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY.
IIT Roorkee will conduct the exam for JEE advanced 2019.
The date for the JEE Advanced Exam for the year 2019 is scheduled on 9th May 2019. The examination will be held in a single day. The exam will be conducted in 2 sessions – Morning and afternoon.
Candidates who will be appearing for JEE Advanced 2019 will have to get themselves registered by the dates provided as per the schedule:
- Online Registration will start from May 1st week 2019
- Registration to start from May 1st week 2019
- Last date of making payment May 1st week 2019
- JEE Advanced admit card will be issued by May 2nd week 2019
- JEE Advanced Exam date May 19, 2019
- Responses to be sent to Candidates by May 2nd week 2019
- Answer Key to be published by May last week 2019
- Submitting any objection on Answer key May last week 2019
- Results to be declared by June 1st week 2019