ITBP Assistant Commandant (Engineer) Recruitment 2018
Applications are invited from eligible male and female Indian Citizens for filling up 10 vacancies to the post of Assistant Commandant (Engineer) in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force, (MHA) Govt. of India.
ITBP Assistant Commandant 2018 – Important Dates
|Applications Open||13.08.2018 AT 00:01|
|Applications Close||11.09.2018 AT 11:59 PM.|
ITBP Assistant Commandant (Engineer) Vacancy 2018
|Name of Post||Total Vacancies||Reservation status|
|Assistant Commandant (Engineer)||10||07||–||02||01|
General Information about the Post
- The post has all India liability and selected candidates can be posted anywhere in India and even abroad.
- The posts being in combatised stream of the Force, the officers selected shall have to wear the rank and badges of the post as per the orders/ instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time.
- Pay Scale-Level-10 (56,100-1,77,500) in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC and other allowances admissible in ITBPF (MHA) Govt. of India.
ITBP Assistant Commandant (Engineer) Eligibility Conditions
I] Educational Qualification:
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a University or Institution recognised by the Central or State Government.
II] Age and Relaxation
(i) Not exceeding 30 years. Crucial date for determining the age limit will be the closing date i.e. 11th September, 2018 (11/09/2018). Candidates should not have been born earlier than 12/09/1988 and later than 11/09/2000.
(ii) Age relaxation is also available to the different categories of eligible candidates as per Govt. instructions for claiming age relaxation as under:-
|Category||Age Relaxation beyond Upper Age Limit|
|SC/ST candidate||5 years|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December, 1989||UR- 5 years
SC/ST- 10 (5+5) Years
OBC (NCL)- 8 (5+3) years.
|Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat||UR- 5 years
SC/ST- 10(5+5) years
OBC (NCL)-8 (5+3) years
|Government Servant||05 Years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government|
|Ex-Servicemen (After deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age.||UR-3 Years
SC/ST-8 (3+5) years
III] Physical Standards
Further, the post of ITBP Assistant Commandant (Engineer) has certain specifications of physical standards as mentioned below:
IV] Medical Standards
Further, the post of ITBP Assistant Commandant (Engineer) has certain specifications of medical standards as mentioned below:
ITBP Assistant Commandant (Engineer) Application Process
- Online application mode will be opened w.e.f. 13.08.2018 at 00:01 am and will be closed on 11.09.2018 at 11:59 pm. 3.2 Eligible and interested candidates should apply online through website www.recruitment.itbpolice.nic.in.
- Candidates are advised to fill the online application form after reading the instructions carefully. Details as required under various segments – Personal & Education etc. should be mentioned clearly.
- No application will be accepted offline. Candidature of the candidate who submitted application offline will be rejected summarily.
- There is no requirement of submitting documents at the time of filling online application form.
Male candidates belonging to General (UR)/OBC category applying for recruitment to the above posts should pay Rs 400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only) as application fee through online payment gateway system on www.recruitment.itbpolice.nic.in. Application received with any other mode of fee payment will be summarily rejected.
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Females and Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the fee.
Instructions for Government Employees/In-Service Candidates
Persons serving in Central/State Government applying for this recruitment are required to furnish a copy of No Objection Certificate (Annexure- I) and DE/Vigilance clearance certificate (Annexure-II) issued by the employer at the time of physical verification of documents.
ITBP Assistant Commandant (Engineer) 2018 Selection Process
ITBP Assistant Admit Card
Admit Cards to the candidates will be issued online mentioning the date and venue of recruitment test. Candidature of candidates who are issued online admit cards will remain provisional till they are finally selected and submit all related documents/certificates in original and in prescribed format at the stage of verification of original documents.
ITBP 2018 Selection Process
VERIFICATION OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENT
The candidates will report at the venue on given date and time with a clear & legible print out of their online application form along with testimonials.
Original documents will be returned on the spot after verification and self attested copies of certificates will be retained with the application.
Original copy of following documents will be required for verification:
PHYSICAL STANDARD TEST (PST)
Candidates who have qualified in documentation shall be allowed to appear in Physical Standard Test. Physical Standard Test will be carried out by the Recruitment Board to assess their Height, Chest and Weight according to the prescribed physical standard. Candidates who fail to qualify the PST shall be eliminated
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST(PET)
(i) The candidates who qualify PST shall appear in following Physical Efficiency Test (PET):-
ii) All events of PET shall be qualifying in nature. Candidates are required to qualify each event of PET. Failing in any event shall result immediate disqualification. Candidates failing to qualify at the stage of PET shall be eliminated.
Those who qualify Physical Efficiency Test are required to undergo biometric identification.
Candidates who qualify Physical Efficiency Test shall be called for written examination.
Question papers will be bilingual i.e. in Hindi & English Questions, checking the proficiency of candidates in English shall, however, be in English only. The level of question paper shall be of graduate level consisting of following subjects in two papers:-
(i) Minimum qualifying marks in each paper shall be 50% for General/OBC/Ex-Servicemen and 45% for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes.
(ii) Candidate may bring scientific calculator for Paper-II (Subjective) only. Besides scientific calculator no electronic gadgets including Mobile Phone or any accessories will be allowed inside examination hall. Candidates, therefore, must not bring these devices inside the examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the examination and the candidature of the candidate will be immediately cancelled.
(iii) No representation for revaluation of answer sheet of written exam or re-conduct of written examination will be entertained.
INTERVIEW (PERSONALITY TEST)- 50 MARKS
Candidates declared qualified in Documentation, PST and PET and written test would be required to appear before the Selection Board for interview. Candidates called for interview shall produce the original certificates/documents as mentioned at Para-4 before the Interview Board. Non-production of certificates/documents shall be disqualification.
(i) Merit lists in each category namely, Gen, SC, ST and OBC(NCL) will be drawn on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and Interview. Candidates shall be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) as per the category wise vacancies on the basis of this merit. Extended list may also be prepared to cover the shortfall due to failure of candidates in DME.
(ii) In case of tie in marks, the candidate with older age will be placed higher in merit list, if the tie still persists, then candidate whose name comes first in the alphabet order (English) will be kept higher in the merit list.
DETAILED MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Candidates shortlisted as per merit shall undergo detailed medical examination to assess their fitness for appointment as per prescribed standards.
ITBP Commandant Assistant General Instructions
1. All candidates who have been called for Documentation, PST & PET will bring a clear and legible print out of the online application form or else they may not permitted to enter the venue. The print out will be retained by ITBP personnel for office use.
2. Candidates are to ensure to keep sufficient number of same passport size photos submitted by them while filling the online application form and bring same passport size photos at all stages of recruitment.
3. Candidates in Central or State Government Service / Departmental candidates should submit in original a “No Objection Certificate” and DE/Vigilance clearance certificate from their employer at the time of verification of original documents else their candidature will be rejected.
4. All eligible candidates will be duly informed about the date and venue of the recruitment tests through admit card sent electronically on their registered e-mail ID. Therefore, candidates should provide genuine and functional e-mail ID and Mobile number at the time of filling online application form.