The Graduate Management Admission Council conducts a national level management admission program called the National Management Admission Test (NMAT). The number of b schools that participate in this sought-after examination is many reputed universities. A total of 26 B schools participate in the NMAT selections. Out of the 26 B schools that are accepting the NMAT scores, the candidate needs to select any five schools which he or she desires to attend. The candidate will have to choose these five schools while registering for the exam itself. After the candidate has cleared the cut off in the NMAT by GMAC of the desired school, the admission process that happens after that strictly depends on the schools’ individual procedures.
Many of these 26 B schools accept the NMAT score as the final score and create a list of the candidates that have been chosen to be admitted in the college. Although, some other schools have a few more tests ready for the selected candidate to test their worthiness. These schools might take another essay test or an interview accompanied by a group discussion. Many management colleges take a group discussion and a personal interview when they have to choose a few candidates from lakhs of hard working aspirants. The group discussion helps show the teamwork enthusiasm and the slight leadership qualities that are required in the candidate. While the personal interview tests the communication skills and the stress management of the aspirants.
- To Discuss Participating Institutes in NMAT 2018 Click Here.
It is very important to impress the authorities even after clearing the NMAT by GMAC. The 26 colleges that the candidate needs to choose five from are given further in the article.
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Rural Management – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Sustainability – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Faculty of management (Urban Management & Governance) – Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi
- CFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Shiv Nadar University
- Alliance University
- VIT University
- Amity University
- Thapar School of Management
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- SRM University
- BML Munjal University
- Mody University
- ISBR Business School
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad
- UniversityITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Bennett University
- BSE Institute Limited
- Jindal Global Business school – Delhi/NCR
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
All the above-mentioned schools are well reputed and all the management aspirants compete vigorously with each other to become a part of any one of these institutes. This year a few of the international schools from South Africa and Philippines have been taken into the list of colleges that accept the NMAT by GMAC score.
The B schools from South Africa are as mentioned below.
- Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS), University of Pretoria
- Milpark Business School
- North West University
- Rhodes Business School
- University of South Africa (UNISA) Graduate School of Business Leadership
- Wits Business School, Wits University
- Nelson Mandela University Business School
The other few international schools are from the Philippines and are also mentioned below.
- Asian Institute of Management
- Ateneo Graduate School of Business
- Virata School of Business, University of the Philippines
- College of Business Administration & Accountancy
- De La Salle University
The candidate needs to choose any five of all these B schools while registering for the NMAT by GMAC examination. If the candidates wish to choose more than five of these institutes they need to pay an extra fee of 200 rupees and the added tax with it. The candidates are advised to get all the information possible for the institute before choosing the institute. The selection process, as mentioned earlier, is different for every school, thus the candidate should be well aware of the institute he or she wishes to get admitted into. The NMAT by GMAC exam will have a 75 days open window for the candidate. The result for the NMAT by GMAC exam will be disclosed in the third week of January in 2019.
To know more about this exam, please click here NMAT 2018.