The Indian Coast Guard is an independent part if India’s armed forces. It functions under the Ministry of Defence and works closely with several other departments such as that of Fisheries and Revenue.
The main job of the Indian Coast Guard is to look into the maritime laws of India. It enforces these laws and has jurisdiction over India’s territorial waters.
The vacancies in the Indian Coast Guard are announced by it on its official website. One of its latest recruitment drive is for the post of Navik (Domestic Branch).
The posts will be specifically for Cook and Steward. Candidates were invited to apply for the post between 30th October and 8th November 2019.
The eligibility criteria that was needed to make the application was as follows –
- Candidates should have passed Class 10 with a minimum aggregate of 50% Marks.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes should have passed class 10 with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks.
- The minimum age of application is 18 years
- The maximum age of application is 22 years.
On the 17th of November, 2019, the Indian Coast Guard released the admit card for the exam for the given posts. In order to download the admit card, candidates can follow the steps as stated below –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of Indian Coast Guard, which is joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- Step-2 : Go to the Latest News section on the homepage of the website.
- Step-3 : Look for the link which reads “E-ADMIT CARD FOR NAVIK (DB) 01/2020” Click on the link.
- Step-4 : Candidates will be redirected to a new page.
- Step-5 : On the new page,candidates will be required to login to the website using their personal information like the registration number/E-mail is and the date of birth. They will also have to fill in the relevant Captcha.
- Step-6 : Click on the Get Details button.
- Step-7 : The admit card will open up. Candidates must go through the details on the admit card.
- Step-8 : It is important that the candidates save the admit card securely and get a printout of it.
The admit card is a very important document and must be carried by the candidates on the day of the exam. The date of the exam is yet to be announced by the Indian Coast Guard, but it likely to take place in the month of November 2019.
For more information about the exam, candidates can visit the official website the Indian Coast Guard or download the relevant notification.