The Southern Command is a formation of the Indian army that has been a part of it since long before the independence.
The Southern Command comprises of a lieutenant general and other army men in various ranks. Currently, the headquarters (HQ) of the Southern Cantonment is in Pune. Any recruitment in the southern command is carried out through the headquarters.
The HQ Southern Command recently announced a new recruitment drive. Several vacancies were notified by it, which are for Group C posts. Interested candidates should definitely go through the details of the recruitment as it is a great opportunity.
This recruitment drive will be conducted in various ordnance units of the southern command. These locations include –
There are a total of 920 vacancies for these Group C posts. The vacancy details for the given posts are as follows –
- Tradesman Mate – 561 vacancies
- Material Assistant -11 vacancies
- Lower Division Clerk – 110 vacancies
- Fireman – 61 vacancies
- Cook – 5 vacancies
- Stenographer Grade 2 – 2 vacancies
- Safaiwala – 26 vacancies
- Messenger – 14 vacancies
- Washer man – 2 vacancies
- Gardener – 1 vacancy
- Female Searcher – 4 vacancies
- Armourer – 2 vacancies
- Tele Operator – 2 vacancies
- CMD (OG) – 2 vacancies
- Saddler – 1 vacancy
- Fitter – 1 vacancy
- Vender – 3 vacancies
- Barber – 1 vacancy
- Tin and Copper Smith – 1 vacancy
- Vehicle Machine – 1 vacancy
- Tailor – 1 vacancy
- Painter and Decorator – 1 vacancy
- Carpenter and Joiner – 3 vacancies
- Electrician – 2 vacancies
It has been notified that the online application for recruitment for these posts will begin 5 days from the publication of the recruitment notification in the Employment Newspaper.
It has also been confirmed that the application will be closed within 21 days from the starting date of the application. Thus, candidates interested in applying must regularly check the details on the online website.
The online application can be made by the candidates through the official website of the Southern Command. Here are the steps they must follow, when the application process opens up –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of Southern Command, which is http://aocrecruitment.gov.in/
- Step-2 : Click on the Online Application tab on the homepage of the website.
- Step-3 : Click on the link pertaining to the application of the given posts.
- Step-4 : Fill in the details of the application form.
- Step-5 : Complete other necessary steps like uploading the documents or payment of application fees.
- Step-6 : Submit the application form.
- Step-7 : Take a printout of the application form for future references.
Candidates must make sure that they go through the eligibility criteria and other details about the recruitment process before making their application. They must also keep a regular check on the official website of HQ Southern Command to check out the application forms.