The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) had conducted its class 3 qualifying or preliminary examination for the post of State Tax Inspector on the 9th of June, this year. The results for the same have been declared on the 30th of August, 2019 which was yesterday. The results have been published on the official website of GPSC gpsc.gujarat.gov.in. Candidates can also download the list in the form of a pdf.
The list is a provisional one and contains the names of all the candidates who have successfully cleared the prelims and are now eligible to appear for the GPSC main examination (which will also require online application). The main exams are scheduled to be held on the 17th of November and the 24th of November at the Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar centres.
The steps to check your results are as follows:
- Go to the official website of GPSC which is gpsc.gujarat.gov.in.
- You will be able to view the GPSC home page. On the left of the page, look for and click on the Result The results page will appear.
- Now click on the GPSC State Tax Inspector Result 2019
- Carefully enter your Hall ticket number and date of birth. Click on
- Your result will be displayed on the screen. Make sure to download your result and print out a hard copy of the same.
According to the results, almost 5200 applicants have qualified in the primary exam for the main one and their names have been published in the merit list alongside their roll numbers. However the exact marks attained by each candidate is supposed to be published on the website on the 3rd of September, around 4.00 pm.
Along with the merit list, a list of the cut off marks has also been published. Cut off marks are the basic marks required to pass any examination. The cut off marks vary from category to category and are determined by a variety of factors. The cut offs for this year’s exam are as follows-
- Male Category (General, EWS, SC and SEBC) – 62.97
- Male (ST)- 52.62
- Female Category (EWS)- 62.67
- Female (SEBC) – 59.14
- Female (SC) – 58.42
- Female (General) – 51.89
- Female (ST) – 44.42
The examinations are being conducted to fill in a total of 1363 posts on different levels and in different fields which include Assistant Engineer, Research officer, etc. For the State Tax Inspector exam specifically however, there are reportedly 424 vacant posts that need to be filled in.
\The selection procedure is well organized and includes a precursory round of screening test coupled with a competitive examination after passing which the candidates become eligible for the main examination which is a written, descriptive paper.