General knowledge is extremely important for MBA aspirants. While questions from logical reasoning and quantitative analysis can be time-consuming, the GK section can help you increase your scores quickly.
We present this GK quiz to help you prepare comprehensively for your upcoming MBA entrance tests. Post your responses in the comments section and soon we will let you know the correct answers!
1. Which of the following country is a member of OECD group?
A. Venezuela B. Brazil C. Mexico D. South Africa
2. In descending order, which of the following group of countries is correct about the length of India’s land borders with its neighbors?
A. Bangladesh, Pakistan, China, Myanmar, Nepal
B. China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal
C. China, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Myanmar
D. Bangladesh, China, Pakistan, Nepal, Myanmar
3. The antibiotic penicillin is obtained from:
A. a bacterium B. fungus C. synthetic means D. virus-infected cells
4. Chronologically which one of the following is correct?
A. (1) India’s first nuclear test, (2) Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty comes to force, (3) “France and China sign Non Proliferation Treaty
B. (1) India conducts its second nuclear test – 1998, (2) N. Korea conducts test of nuclear weapon, (3) Chernobyl nuclear power station accident in Ukraine
C. (1) International Atomic Energy Agency set up, (2) France conducts first nuclear test, (3) China conducts its first nuclear test
D. (1) France and China sign Non Proliferation Treaty, (2) India conducts its second nuclear test, (3) France conducts first nuclear test
5. Select the correct Organization – Purpose match:
1 NABARD i Financial assistance for warehousing
2 NCDC ii Refinancing agricultural credit
3 SCARDB iii Inter-state sale of agricultural products
4 NAFED iv Land development
A. 1 – ii, 2 – i, 3 – iv, 4 – iii
B. 1 – iii, 2 – i, 3 – iv, 4 – ii
C. 1 – ii, 2 – iii, 3 – iv, 4 – i
D. 1 – iii, 2 – iv, 3 – ii, 4 – i
6. Select the correct Diseases – Plants affected match:
Diseases Plants affected
i. Black heart a. Peas
ii. Red Rot b. Wheat
iii. Karnal Bunt c. Sugarcane
iv. Powdery Mildew d. Potatoes
A. i-a, ii-b, iii-d, iv-c B. i-d, ii-c, iii-b, iv-a
C. i-b, ii-c, iii-a, iv-d D. i-a, ii-b, iii-c, iv-d
7. Which one of the following state is having maximum number of special economic zone (SEZ), notified under the SEZ Act, 2005.
A. Andhra Pradesh B. Maharashtra C. Tamil Nadu D. Karnataka
8. Which of the following group of countries is not member of the United Nations?
A. Taiwan, Yemen, Tunisia
B. Tunisia, Vatican City, Turkish Cyprus
C. Tunisia, Turkish Cyprus, Vatican City
D. Vatican City, Turkish Cyprus, Taiwan
9. Match the correct combination in the following:
Cartoon Characters Creators
(i) Asterix (a) Bill Watterson
(ii) Dilbert (b) Jim Davis
(iii) Calvin and Hobbes (c) Charles Shulz
(iv) Peanuts (d) Albert Uderzo& Rane Coscinny
(v) Garfield (e) Scott Adams
A. i-a, ii-c, iii-b, iv-e, v-d
B. i-d, ii-e, iii-a, iv-c, v-b
C. i-d, ii-d, iii-a, iv-e, v-c
D. i-c, ii-a, iii-b, iv-d, v-e
10. Who amongst the following was not nominated by the Government of India on the board of Satyam Computer Services?
A. T.N. Manoharan
B. Ketan Parekh
C. Suryakant Balakrishnan Mainak
D. Kiran Karnik
All the best!
To get fresh updates about different exams on your Facebook & Twitter timelines, subscribe to our pages created specifically for them. We will post only exam specific links on these pages:
SSC – CGL: