The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 is organized by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi. It is a national level entrance cum eligibility test conducted to assess the eligibility of the candidates and to grant admission for the eligible into various postgraduate programs like M.E/ M.Tech / M.Arch /PhD across IITs, NIITs, and other institutions in the country.
Recently, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has released a short notification related to the syllabus of the examination for Electronics and Communication (ECE) branch. The syllabus for the entrance examination is very similar to the syllabus from 3rd to 6th semester of engineering.
The candidates from Electronics and Communication (ECE) branch that will appear for the GATE 2020 examination are advised to download the completes syllabus that is released online in a PDF format by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi. An overview of the GATE 2020 syllabus for ECE branch is mentioned below.
The subject wise syllabus for the GATE 2020 ECE examination is mentioned below.
- Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, solution of linear equations – existence and uniqueness, eigen values and eigen vectors, linear dependence and independence, and other topics.
- Probability and Statistics: Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Correlation, and regression analysis, combinatorial probability, etc.
- Differential Equations: Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, variable separable method, methods of solution using a variation of parameters, complementary function and particular integral, and other topics.
- Calculus: Mean value theorems, complementary function and particular integral, theorems of integral calculus, surface and volume integrals, maxima and minima, and other topics.
- Numerical Methods: Convergence criteria, single and multi-step methods for differential equations, etc.
- Complex Analysis: Taylor’s and Laurent’s series, analytic functions, etc.
- Vector Analysis: Gauss’s, Green’s and Stoke’s theorems, vector operations, etc.
Networks, signals, and systems
- Network Solution Methods: Steady-state sinusoidal analysis using phasors, nodal and mesh analysis, etc
- Continuous-time signals: Digital filter design techniques, impulse response, etc.
Small signal equivalent circuits of diodes, BJTs, and MOSFETs, Power supplies: ripple removal and regulation, etc.
Signal flow graph, Routh-Hurwitz, Nyquist stability, and Frequency response criteria, etc.
Transmission lines: equations, impedance matching, Smith chart, characteristic impedance, impedance transformation, S-parameters, etc.
Integrated circuit fabrication process: oxidation, photolithography, diffusion, twin-tub CMOS process, and ion implantation, etc.
Sequential circuits: counters, finite state machines, latches and flip-flops, and shift-registers, etc.
Fundamentals of error correction, Information theory: channel capacity theorem, entropy, and mutual information, etc.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for GATE 2020 Electrical Engineering Exam, Admit Card, Result
Download the detailed syllabus online through the official website of IIT Delhi. Follow the below-mentioned steps for the same.
Step 1: Visit the official website of IIT Delhi: gate.iitd.ac.in
Step 2: Click on the Admissions> GATE link on the homepage
Step 3: Click on the pre-examination tab on the top, then select syllabi from the dropdown list
Step 4: Click on the link ‘EC: Electronics and Communication Engg.’
Step 5: The syllabus for GATE 2020 ECE branch will be displayed on the screen in a PDF format, download and take a printout for further use