The registration for GATE 2020 has been started on 1st September, the examination will be organized by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi. It is an entrance examination for applicants seeking admissions into M.Tech and M.Sc programmes in Engineering, Technology and Architecture fields. Candidates aspiring to get admission into various branches of PhD should also appear for the GATE examination. GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2020 is scheduled to be conducted in the month of February. Aspiring candidates can apply online on the official website gate.iitd.ac.in. These online applications will be filled and processed on the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
It is recommended that the applicants should go through the information bulletin thoroughly before filling the online application. Any applicant can choose only one subject GATE examination. The list of documents required and the procedure to apply online are mentioned below.
GATE 2020 Registration: List of documents required
- The candidate is required to be ready with a high-quality passport size photograph.
- Note: The passport size photograph of the candidate should be in COLOR and taken after 01 August 2019 in a professional photo studio. The photographs taken using a mobile or any other self-composed portraits are not considered to be valid.
- Candidates applying should be ready with scanned copies of the Eligibility Certificate (Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Certificate from the Head of the Department or Institute) in the format that is specified in Appendix A. Candidates eligible for a reservation should have scanned copies of the Category (SC/ST) Certificate. Scanned copies of PwD Certificate (if applicable) and scanned copies of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable).
- Note: All the scanned copies of the above-mentioned certificates should be in PDF format.
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s signature in JPEG format with 160X560 pixels and minimum size of 80X280 pixels.
GATE 2020 Registration: How to Apply Online
In order to register for the GATE 2020, candidates must complete the application process online. Aspiring candidates can apply online on the official website of GATE by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of GATE: gate.iitd.ac.in
- Step 2: On the homepage, find and click on the link ‘GATE 2020 online application portal click here’
- Step 3: You will be directed to a new web page, where you will find a link ‘Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering 2020 register here’ click on it
- Step 4: Click on New User/ Register
- Step 5: Upon registration, fill the form and upload the required images. Make sure that you cross check all information before submission.
- Step 6: Upload all the required documents and click on ‘Submit’
- Step 7: Download the form and take a printout of it for future use
Candidates must check the website regularly for updates and new information pertaining to GATE 2020, that can be important.