The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, commonly known as GATE, is an engineering and science entrance exam in India.
It is jointly conducted by the various Indian Institutes of Technology and the Indian Institute of Science. The GATE scores are relevant for candidates who want to apply for post-graduation courses.
GATE scores are valid for a time period of three years, after which candidates cannot use it for admissions.
The application process for GATE 2020 has been going on for a while now. The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi is overseeing all the proceedings of GATE 2020. Finally, a date has been announced as the last date of application, which is 8th November 2019.
While the applications had been temporarily been closed, the portal was reopened by IIT Delhi for the candidates from Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh. In order to provide them with an opportunity to make their application for GATE 2020, application process had resumed from the 30th of October 2019.
As per the official announcement, the application process will be closed once and for all on the 8th of this month.
Candidates from Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh could apply through the GOAPS portal for application processing. Since the applications were for the candidates in the above-mentioned areas, the portal was active in these areas only.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for GATE 2020 Exam Date
Candidates were given time till midnight to make the applications. However, last-minute applications could encounter technical problems, traffic or other glitches.
Here are some important dates for GATE 2020 examinations :
|The final date of application for candidates from Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh||8th November 2019|
|Date of release of the admit card||3rd January 2020|
|Dates of Examination||1st February 2020
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
Here are the steps candidates can use to apply for the state posts –
- Step-1 : Click on the direct link given below to open the application portal. DIRECT LINK FOR APPLICATION FOR GATE 2020
- Step-2 : Candidates will then have to log in on the page that opens up upon clicking the link. In order to log in, they will require details such as email address and password.
- Step-3 : Fill in all the details stated in the form. The details must be filled in carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Step-4 : Upload the necessary documents by scanned images. Make sure that the size is optimized as required in the application form.
- Step-5 : Submit the form.
- Step-6 : Make the necessary payment for the application, without which the application process is not complete.
IIT Delhi is also yet to release the dates for the opening of the correction window for making changes such as that of the choice of the city.
Candidates can expect that the correction window will open up after the application process is entirely complete. Further details such as schedule for the exam, dates for admit card, etc. must be taken note of.