GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an all India entrance exam conducted by the IISc (Indian Institute of Science) Bangalore and 7 IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) under the National Cooperation Board, Department of Higher Education in India.
In a recent notification released by the Indian Institute of Delhi (IITD), which is the organizing body for GATE 2020, it was mentioned that all applicants would be provided with a chance to make certain corrections in their already submitted online application forms and for that purpose, an application correction window would be opened on the official website from the 15th of October 2019 which is today. Hence, this is a reminder for all applicants to log in to their portals and make the changes required as soon as possible.
|Commencement of Application Form Correction for GATE 2020||15th October 2019|
|Last Date for Exam Paper Change in GATE 2020||15th November 2019|
|GOAPS Website Link||www.appsgate.iitd.ac.in|
|Exam Date||1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date||3rd January 2020|
With the opening of the application correction window today, applicants can easily make minor changes like changing the spelling of one’s name, father’s name, etc.
The other fields for which changes will be accepted include-
- Date of Birth
- Category to which the candidate belongs
- PwD (Person with Disability) status
- Dyslexia or other such learning disabilities
- Details related to parents/guardian.
- Address for correspondence
- Name of College
- Roll number
- Registration Number
In order to be able to make the desired changes in the already submitted application forms, the candidates may follow these simple steps-
- Candidates will first have to log on to the official website of GATE 2020 which is www.gate.iitd.ac.in or go to the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) at www.appsgate.iitd.ac.in.
- On the homepage, you will find a link for ‘Application Form Correction’ on which you have to click.
- Enter the required details which include your enrolment number or email Id and password or date of birth and click on ‘login’.
- Now select the application form correction option and in the page that opens, make the desired changes in the respective fields. Make sure you do it carefully as no other chance will be provided after this.
- After making all required changes and alterations, click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Make sure to download and print a copy of the final application as it shall be useful in future.
There is no concrete update about the final date of closure of this application correction portal. However, the GATE 2020 admit card is slated to be released on the 3rd of January 2020, and the GATE 2020 examination for all 25 subjects shall be held in February on the following dates- 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2020.
GATE is conducted every year for engineering aspirants in order to assess their capabilities and the understanding they have developed of their respective areas of study in their undergraduate course for admission to post graduate courses in engineering, technology, architecture and similar fields. This may also provide them with opportunities of being recruited by various Public Sector Undertakings or PSUs.