The Food Corporation of India (FCI) is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) which is concerned with ensuring national food security, distribution of food grains throughout the country and also with protecting and working in the interests of the farmers.
The Food Corporation of India has released an official notification in the employment newspaper of 28th September to 4th October 2019. According to this notification, the FCI is recruiting candidates for posts under Category 2 which include Manager/ Management trainee (General, Depot, Technical, Accounts, Movement, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering) as well as Manager (Hindi).
All interested candidates may send in their application online by visiting the official website of FCI which is www.recruitmentfci.in.
As per the released notification, the FCI intends to fill up around 330 Category 2 posts in different zones which are North, South, West, East as well as North-East zones. The application process is based online, and the portal was open from 28th of September 2019, 10.00 am onwards. All applications must be submitted till before the 27th of October 2019, by 4.00 pm latest. The portal will not be accessible after that.
|Commencement of Online Application process||28th September 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application Process||27th October 2019|
All those applicants who are selected will have to go through a compulsory training program of six months during which they shall be ‘Management Trainees’. Only after the training process gets over will they be appointed finally for the post of ‘Manager’.
In order to apply for the management posts, candidates may undertake the following steps-
- Step 1- Log on to the official website of FCI, which is recruitmentfci.in.
- Step 2- Select the option which reads ‘Click here for New Registration’.
- Step 3- A new registration number and password will be generated, which you must remember for further use.
- Step 4- Enter this registration number and password to open the registration page and enter all details that are asked for after which you will have to click on the ‘Save and Next’ option.
- Step 5- You will now be required to upload scanned images of your signature and photograph.
- Step 6- Click on ‘Submit’ and do print a hard copy of your submitted application as it shall be useful for future use and reference.
It is mandatory for all applicants to check the eligibility criteria, age limit, experience required, etc., mentioned in the notification before applying as failure to comply with any of these requirements will lead to disqualification of your application form. The selection process for Management Trainees will include 3 stages- an online exam, followed by an interview and finally, a compulsory training program of 6 months.
In case of the post of Manager (Hindi) it is simply a 2-step process of appearing for an online Test followed by an interview. Other details like the expected salary and the states covered by each zone are also clearly mentioned in the notification.