Like every year, many students are bracing themselves to appear for one of the toughest exams in India, that is, CAT. In this hoard to excel in CAT, many students forget other management exams, giving access to equally excellent B-schools. One of these exams is MHCET, and the last date to apply for it is 17th July 2021.
What is MHCET
MHCET or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is an aptitude test that assesses the students’ acumen to join the coveted MBA program. This entrance test is primarily for admission into Maharashtra State University. It is a gateway to some leading state-run B-Schools like KJ Somaiya, JBIMS, DY Patil, SIMSREE, among many others.
MHCET is an online computer-based exam. The duration of this exam is 150 minutes or 2 hours 30 minutes. The format is such that a candidate has to complete 200 questions within the stipulated amount of time. Since the difficulty level of the exam is not as tough as CAT, the students have a high chance of acing it.
Numerous leading colleges accept MHCET scores. The list of some leading colleges accepting MHCET scores are:
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
- Syedenham Institute of Management Studies
- J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
- Prin L.N Welingkar Institute of Management and Development Research
- NL Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research
- Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management
- MET’s Institute of Management
- Xavier Institute of Management and Research
- Don Bosco Institute of Management
And many more
MHCET is divided into five sections:
- Logical Reasoning 75 Questions
- Abstract Reasoning 25 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude 50 Questions
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension 50 Questions
Each question carries a value of one mark.
To appear in the MHCET, one should have passed a three-year bachelor’s degree from any stream and should be a valid resident of India. The General category students should have a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation. The cutoff for the reserved category and the People with Disability category is set at 45%. There is no age limit to appear for the MHCET.
To know more about MBA: Click Here