The Directorate of Medical Education & Research(DMER), Government of Maharashtra, has released a detailed admission procedure notice for the medical aspirants seeking admission in private colleges across Maharashtra. For both deemed and private medical and dental colleges, aspirants will have to fill a ‘Preference Form’. The preference form is available at the official website of DMER. According to the information in DMER website, preference form will come along with an information brochure, which will guide the aspirants on filling the form correctly and provide general instructions. The preferences filled by the aspirants will give a clear idea to the authority about the choice of colleges.
For submission of preference forms, DMER has created four regional centres across Maharashtra at Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad and Nagpur. Grant Government Medical College in Mumbai, B.J. Government Medical College in Pune, Government Medical College in Aurangabad and Government Medical College in Nagpur, will receive the filled up forms from the aspirants.
|Day & Date||NEET All India Rank||Session|||
|30/08/2016, Tuesday||1 to 40,000||Morning Session (9 am)|||
|||40,001 to 63,000||Afternoon Session (2 pm)|||
|31/08/2016, Wednesday||63,001 to 90,000||Morning Session (9 am)|||
|||90,001 to 1,20,000||Afternoon Session (2 pm)|||
|01/09/2016, Thursday||1,20,001 to 1,60,000||Morning Session (9 am)|||
|||1,60,001 to 2,20,000||Afternoon Session (2 pm)|||
|02/09/2016, Friday||2,20,001 to 3,00.000||Morning Session (9 am)|||
|||3,00,001 onwards||Afternoon Session (2 pm)|||
Reporting at the Regional Centres
- Candidates must report at the respective regional centres with their original documents and one set of photocopies of the same.
- They need to report at the regional centres on the dates according to their All India NEET Ranking.
- Candidates must remember that the counselling will take place, based on their All India NEET ranks, and not on the basis of rank lists such as, All India Quota or All India quota category rank.
- Candidates, failing to register their preference of colleges through the preference form, will not be considered for allotment of seat.
- Those who have applied for only private medical/dental colleges in their online registration phase, should not fill choices for both private and deemed medical/dental colleges. Their preference will stand cancelled in such a case.
- Candidates must report at the regional centres early to avoid rush and complete their preference filling process on time.