LBSIM (Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management) was established by the Lal Bahadur Shastri Educational Society in 1995. It has emerged as one of the top business schools in India. It is a premier institute of management and information technology education. It offers various post-graduate diplomas in management programs. It is accredited by National Board of Accreditation, and International Accreditation Organization. It has international collaborations with the Australian Institute of Management, and Thompson Rivers University Kamloops, Canada.
The programmes offered by the Institute:
Post-Graduate Diploma in Management program is a 2 year full-time courses. The course comes under various specializations namely:
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (General) – the course formation has been intended to ensure that the management graduates of the Institute extend strategic thinking, tactical implementation, general management skills, and specialized knowledge.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (Finance) – it aims to create a cadre of professionals having specializations in the area of finance.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive) – it is a full-time AICTE approved –month program. It is designed exclusively for high-performing professionals with work experience.
Eligibility criteria for the admissions in the LBSIM:
- Candidates appearing for the final year exam of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification can also apply. They have to give in an official document from the registrar or principal of the university/institution certifying that the candidates have obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks. The deadline for giving in of the mark sheet and the certificate is December 15, 2019. Non- fulfillment of the condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- The candidates should note that the mere fulfillment of the minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short-listing by the institute. The candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email ID and a phone number throughout the selection process.
- All candidates are required to take CAT 2018 conducted by IIM’s on November or should have a valid GMAT score in a test taken between January 1 to 15, 2019.
- Foreign candidates, PIO, and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible to apply and are required to take the GMAT at a test centre outside India, between January 1 2018, and January 15, 2019.
- Indian Residents who have appeared for GMAT, have to furnish the GMAT score while applying and also have to provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the admission office for verification at the time of PI.
- Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of CAT/GMAT scores, prior academic presentation, work experience, and other information disclosed in the application form. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for GD, Extempore, Written Analysis test, and PI, which will be held during February and March 2019.
- The weight age for final selection will be 60% for CAT/GMAT score and 40% for GD, extempore and PI, past academic performance, WAT and work experience. Results of the selected candidates shall also be displayed on the institute’s notice board and also uploaded on the institute website www.lbsim.ac.in.
Group discussion and interview:
- The candidates are short-listed on the basis of CAT score and will be called for GD, Extempore, WAT and PI for final selection.
- GD and PI will be conducted at the following centres: Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kolkata. The centres can also be changed as per the discretion by the institute. The candidates are required to select one centre at the time of applying.
- The results of the selected candidates shall also be displayed on the institute notice board and official website.
- Besides, registering for CAT/GMAT, the candidates are also necessary to register with LBSIM, Delhi through a separate application form which will be available along the brochure.
- The candidates can download the application through the official website and have to submit the form along with the application fee of Rs.1250/- in cash or DD.
- The DD should be drawn in favor of Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Delhi, payable at New Delhi.
- The candidates can pay the fees through online mode or offline mode. The online mode fee payment can be made by Debit card, credit card or net banking.
- The offline application form must be filed and send to the official address of LBSIM by post along with the relevant documents.
The application process steps to apply for the LBSIM:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the apply link provided on the top of the page.
- New user registration can register by entering the details like name, email ID, phone number etc.
- Login by using the credentials.
- Fill the application form and upload all the documents that are mandatory.
- Submit the form and take the print out of the application form of LBSIM for future use.
|Post-graduate diploma in management||2 years||1089200|
|Post-graduate diploma in management (executive)||1 year 3 months||520000|
|Post-graduate diploma in management (part-time)||3 years||325500|
|Master of computer application||3 years||273000|
Facilities and events:
The institute library is one of the most richly equipped one. It offers a pleasant environment for study and research. The library acts as a main learning resource centre of the campus. IT products are in place to improve their operations and services. The library is equipped with a collection of about 32500 select documents in the form of reports, books, and non-material, in different areas of IT and management.
The computer centre is equipped with latest hardware and software facilities to handle the demands of the course curricula, faculty, and students. The whole campus has Wi-Fi with thirty access points. The institute has one server room and two computer labs. The labs have a total capacity of more than a hundred students.
Video conferencing centre:
It is a room of state of art 70 seated halls, with 2 46” LCD display and latest video conference facility. It can also support 3 systems at 3 different locations and can broadcast the programme in the auditorium also.
The institute is implemented with a magnificent air-conditioned auditorium with all latest equipment having the capacity of 300 people. The national level functions are also held here.
The campus has a well-furnished gym, TT room, and badminton court. DDA sports complex in Dwaraka is being utilized for conducting various sports events.
The institute has engaged outside agency for hostel facilities separate for boys and girls. The hostel is located with a radius of 3 km from the institute.
The campus has a modern wee-equipped cafeteria for the students open for all the 7 days of the week from 8 am to 8 pm. The cafeteria has a food court having freshly prepared meals, juice counter that offers a wide range of hot and cold options. Tea, coffee, and hot beverages are served through chai point dispensing machines at most economical prices. The cleanliness and hygiene is the trademarks of the cafeteria.
The campus has one medical room with the necessary types of equipments as prescribed by the doctor.
The campus has one male doctor who visits the institute twice a week. The institute has a tie-up with Rockland hospital, Artimis hospital for ambulance facility and any other emergency and also Benspus hospital.
Preventive health check-up:
The institute has annual health check-up with the reputed hospital for the whole staff of the institute.
20th Grand Alumni Meet Riding the Waves in Blue:
On the eve of 20th Jubilee, the institute hosted the grand alumni meet on 31st October at the park hotel, New Delhi. The chief guest of the event was Mr. Anil Shastri, chairman, BOG, LBSIM. The event also witnessed the dignitaries like Dr. Aryan Kumar, director, LBSIM, Dr. G.L. Sharma, chairman,, corporate interface, LBSIM, Mr. Vineet Bajpai, Group CEO, Magnon/TBWA. The presence of 430 alumni was a pleasant one who is today well established in the corporate world.
The event is graced by a heartfelt performance by the children form Sparsh, NGO form differently-abled children. The alumni foundation donated various gifts to the students of the NGO and also hosted a fundraising event to extend a helping hand for the noble cause.
Fulfilling the vision of Dr, Aryan Kumar, Reminiscence, and Alumni foundation released its first book, -Encapsulate and pop. The book was inaugurated by the dignitaries who attended the event. The book is also intended to serve as a medium of inspiration to young entrepreneurs.