CBSE is the abbreviation for the Central Board of Secondary Education. It the national level board of education to which thousands of public and private schools are affiliated. It has been managing the education system and conducting exams since 1962 for these schools and thereby preparing students to venture into the greater world for higher education.
The Single Girl Child Scholarship is a scholarship scheme introduced for the young school going girls who are the only child of their parents. Under this scheme, CBSE will be offering scholarships you these girls for carrying out their education till class 11 and 12.
Students can apply for two schemes under the single girl child scholarship scheme of CBSE. These schemes include –
- CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child for +2 Studies – 2019
- Renewal of Online applications of CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child X Pass awarded in 2018.
Students who are eligible for this scholarship can apply for it on the official website of CBSE. CBSE has recently released a public notification informing an extension for the final date of submitting the applications for the scholarship. Students now have time till 31st October 2019 for CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child. Students have been allotted time till 25th November 2019 to submit the hardcopy for the examination.
If you are yet to make the application, these steps can be helpful –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of CBSE, which is http://cbse.nic.in/
- Step-2 : On the CBSE website, click on the menu. Under this click on the ‘Links’ tab. A drop-down menu will open up.
- Step-3 : Click on the option of ‘Other CBSE sites’ Another drop-down menu will open up.
- Step-4 : Click on the ‘Scholarship’ option. You will be redirected to a new page.
- Step-5 : Select the link which reads ‘Guidelines and Application Forms/ Apply Online’
- Step-6 : There will be two links for the two scholarship schemes offered by CBSE.
- Step-7 : Click on ‘Apply online’ A page will open up with all the general instructions to be kept in mind while applying.
- Step-8 : Students will have to provide their roll number and date of birth and fill up the application form.
|Last Date for the application for CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child||31st October 2019|
|Last Date to submit a hard copy of document||25th November 2019|
In order to be eligible for the CBSE merit scholarship scheme, girls will have to check the following points –
- They should be the only child of their parents.
- They should have scored 60% or above in their Class 10 Board exam.
- They should continue their education till class 11 and 12.
Eligible children will get a scholarship of Rs 500 every month for the next two years. The scholarship not only recognises the efforts of parents to promote education among the girl child but also gives an avenue of growth to meritorious bright minds.