The Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE has started the application process for the scholarship scheme for a single girl child. The online application process for the students as mentioned above has commenced, keeping in mind the last date to register shall be till October 18, 2019.
The Girl students who have qualified Class 10 Board exam 2019 from CBSE affiliated schools are eligible to apply and avail for the scholarship schemes. Official website to apply for the scholarship is http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/index.html .
Girls who are covered under this scheme shall apply for two plans before the ending date i.e.
- CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child for + 2 studies – 2019 and
- Renewal of Online applications of CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child X Pass awarded in 2018.
- Every Single Girl Students, who have achieved 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the educational year, shall be deemed for the purpose.
- In the next two years, the total increase in tuition fees in such schools shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
The scheme is proposed to identify the efforts of the parents in supporting education among girls and to provide encouragement to commendable students.
- The rate of the scholarship shall be Rs 500 per month.
- A Scholarship granted under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years.
- Payment will be made through ECS/NEFT.
- The closing date of sending the hard copy for renewal only is till November 15, 2019. Students can go to the official site of CBSE for more details.