Registration for the CAT (Common Admission Test) has started today on August 9, 2017. Interested and eligible candidates willing to get into the premiere business schools in India, will have to take up CAT 2017. The nationwide test is being conducted by IIM Lucknow this year. CAT 2017 registrations will continue till September 20, giving a window of 40 days to the MBA aspirants to fill up their application.
Candidates taking the CAT for the first time will have to register themselves and get their user id and password. Those candidates who have already applied for the examination before, would have to log in using their existing user id and password. Before registering themselves candidates must go through the eligibility criteria for CAT 2017.
Eligibility for CAT 2017
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks from any recognised university/institute in order to apply for CAT 2017.
How to Apply for CAT 2017
- Candidates need to visit the official website of CAT.
- Candidates must read all the important information before filling the online application form.
- Candidates need to upload relevant documents to complete their online application process.
- General candidates need to pay the fees of Rs. 1800/- , whereas SC/ST and PWD candidates need to pay Rs. 900/- as application fee.
- Once the candidates submit their application, they need to take print out of the same for future references.
Important Dates for CAT 2017
- Beginning of online application: August 9, 2017
- Last date of online registration and application: September 20, 2017
- Beginning of Admit card download: October 18, 2017
- Date of CAT: November 26, 2017
The CAT 2017 will be conducted by IIM Lucknow in 140 test cities across the country this year. There will be two sessions in which the CAT 2017 will be conducted. Candidates will get to choose four test city options while filling the online application form.
In 2016, a total of 2,32, 434 candidates applied for the examination, which was the highest in the last seven years. Convenor of CAT 2017 Neeraj Dwivedi had earlier informed PaGaLGuY that there will be no change in the CAT 2017 paper pattern.