CMAT is an annual national-level entrance exam that the NTA conducts to select candidates for admission in various management programmes.
The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) falls under the ‘popular’ section of all the management entrance exams in India. The CMAT 2020 saw more than 74,000 registrations, one of the highest for MBA exams. And, why not?
The acceptability of CMAT score is only second to that of the CAT. Over 1000 management institutes will accept the score of CMAT 2020. From exam pattern to the latest updates, here is everything you need to know about the CMAT 2020.
CMAT 2020 Important Dates
|Exam Date||28th January 2020|
|Exam Time||9:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|Registration Ends||30.11.2019 (Up to 11:50 p.m.)|
|Date of Final Successful Transaction||01.11.2019 to 01.12.2019|
|Centre Selection Date||01.11.2019 To 02.12.2019 (11:50 p.m.)|
|Admit Card Download||From 24th December 2019|
|Display of Recorded Responses||To be Announced|
|Answer Keys for inviting challenges on NTA’s website||To be Announced|
|Result||By 7th February 2020|
Mode of payment:Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/UPI/PayTM
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The CMAT is an online CBT mode exam. The paper will test four areas of skills of the candidates. There will be a total of 100 questions that will be divided across four sections. Each section will consist of 25 questions.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2020 Marking Scheme
- Each question will carry 04 marks.
- Applicants will get 4 marks for each correct response.
- One mark will be deducted from the total score obtained by the candidate for every incorrect answer.
- There will be no negative marking for unanswered or unattempted questions.
- Applicants can choose only one option for each question.
- Candidates will get 04 marks if a question consists of two or more correct options. There will be a deduction of one mark for applicants selecting the wrong answer in this scenario.
CMAT 2020 Exam Duration
CMAT 2020 will be held from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. Candidates will get 180 minutes or three hours to attempt the paper.
Is there a sectional time limit in CMAT?
No, there is no sectional time limit in the CMAT. Candidates can move across the sections as per their preference.
CMAT 2020 Attempt Limit
CMAT is held every year around January. A candidate can only attempt the CMAT once in the academic year.
CMAT 2020 Age Limit
There is no age limit or restriction for appearing in CMAT.
Sections and Syllabus
Blood Relation, Binary Logic, Clocks, Critical Reasoning, Coding and Decoding, Seating Arrangement, Syllogisms, Venn Diagrams, etc
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Algebra, Average, Geometry, Time and Work, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Number Systems, Probability, Equations, Mixtures and Alligations, Surds and Indices, etc.
Charts, Graphs, Tables, Caselets, Pie Chart
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Idioms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Summary Questions, Syntax, Jumbled Sentences, Facts and Inferences, etc.
CMAT 2020 Latest Updates
- 28.01.2020- CMAT Exam to be held today across 104 cities in India.
- 27.01.2020- NTA releases the category/gender-wise distribution of total registered candidates for CMAT.
- 25.01.2020- NTA issues important advisory related to admit cards and important documents for CMAT 2020.
- 24.12.2019- Download of Admit Card Begins.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for CMAT 2020 Exam