The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is the body, under the government of India that runs the rural chain of schools called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. The Samiti functions under the Department of Schools and Education. All the schools under Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It aims to look into the talents of the children of rural areas and provide them with an equal opportunity to receive education.
In July 2019, the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti had announced a large number of vacancies for the post of Post Graduate Teacher (or PGT). These vacancies are for several subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths, Commerce, Hindi, History, Computer Science, etc. Interested candidates were invited to apply for the post before 25th August 2019.
NVS had announced a total of 2370 vacancies for several posts. Out of these, there are a total of 430 vacancies for Post Graduate Teacher for eleven subjects. In order to carry out the recruitments, candidates were required to appear for an exam. A large number of candidates appeared for the examination conducted by NVS.
The exam was an online Computer Based Test which was conducted between 16th and 20th September 2019. Now that the exams have been conducted successfully, the NVS had declared the results for the CBT NVS PGT 2019 exam. The results are available on the official website of NVS.
Candidates who had appeared for the exam and have been awaiting the result can follow the steps as stated below –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, which is https://navodaya.gov.in/
- Step-2 : Click on the Menu option on the homepage of the website.
- Step-3 : Choose the Recruitment tab. A drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- Step-4 : Under this tab, click on the Results option.
- Step-5 : Click on the link beside the topic which reads “List of candidates shortlisted for interview to the post of PGTs under Recruitment Drive July-2019.”
- Step-6 : The Results will be downloaded in a PDF file. Go through the results carefully and save it on the computer.
- Step-7 : Take out a printout of the results, if needed.
Candidates who have been selected through these results will be qualified for the interview. The details about the interview will be informed by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti through its official website. The interview for the exam has been scheduled between 2nd December 2019 to 12th December 2019. Candidates who will qualify in the interview will be recruited by the NVS.