Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER): MD/MS Entrance Exam
January Session 2019
|To apply for JIPMER MD/MS candidates may use this link||JIPMER PG Admissions Open – Apply Now (Closed Now)|
The JIPMER PG Entrance Exam (JIPMER January – 2019 session) will be conducted for admission to 100 seats available in the listed disciplines of MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Masters of Surgery). MD/MS course is of 3 years duration.JIPMER is an Institution of National Importance (an autonomous body) placed under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The JIPMER MD Entrance Exam date declared by JIPMER is 2nd December and the form for the same has been made available on 24th September 2018. The exam will be in the form of a CBT consisting of 250 questions.
JIPMER PG Important Dates 2019
The JIPMER PG Entrance Exam (for MD/MS) is conducted by JIPMER, Puducherry. The schedule as released by the exam conducting body, can be checked below in detail which includes all the important dates of JIPMER PG 2019. The registration process is now concluded and eligible candidates will be able to download the Admit Cards from 14th November onwards.
The JIPMER MD Entrance Exam will be conducted on 2nd December 2018 and Counselling rounds will begin on from 19th December. The entire process will be concluded by the end of February.
JIPMER PG Exam Eligibility 2019
The following categories of citizens are eligible for applying:
- Indian Citizens
- Overseas Citizens of India (If registered under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act. OCI candidates must submit the OCI card)
- Foreign Nationals** (5 Out of the 100 seats available for January session – reserved for foreign nationals)
All foreign nationals including National Residents of India (NRI) can appear for JIPMER PG entrance exam (January session)
- Indian Candidates sponsored by Government
The Central/State government can sponsor candidates against the five seats available for such candidates.
Candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of sponsorship certificate while filling the JIPMER PG application form 2019.
**Note for Foreign Nationals – The MBBS degree of applying candidate should be registered under the Medical Council of the respective country where the course was pursued before applying for JIPMER PG 2019. Further, candidate must seek permission from the Medical Council of India (MCI). After the MCI grants permission, foreign nationals will be asked to process their applications via the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
JIPMER 2019 Registration
JIPMER is short for Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. It is a national level exam conducted for securing admission in the course of MBBS programs. It is conducted for applicants who are Indian nationals. The aspirants must have completed 17 years of age and must have appeared for 10+2 school examinations. In the final 2 years of school, the student must have studied the subjects of physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology and mathematics.
The student must have also secured a minimum of 50% marks in each of the above subjects. If the student belongs to general category, he/she must secure aggregate marks of 45% and for the belonging to reserved category, the minimum aggregate marks to be secured are 40%.
Registration and Application Process:
Step 1: A link will be made available for you when the date for application process will start. You will have to click on the link for registration. Registration shall require filling your basic details like name, address and mobile number. You shall receive a message for setting password where you can generate one of your choice.
Step 2: On your email id, you shall receive a link. By clicking on that link, you will be able to login. T will ask for your registered email ID and password. Enter these details to proceed and login.
Step 3: You’ll need to keep the following documents ready while you decide to apply for JIPMER:
- A valid ID Proof, Aadhar Card or Passport.
- Contact Details
- Candidate’s name and Date of Birth as mentioned in the Passing Certificate of class 10
- Name of your Parents and their income, educational background and occupation
- Educational Details, Result and Passing Certificate of class 10th and 12th
- Digital Photograph of the size and format as mentioned on the website
- Scanned digital signature
Step 4: The registration has to be done through an online process. One needs to visit the official website of JIPMER to find the form and fill the details using the above documents.
Step 5: The next step after filling of the form with all personal details is making of payment. The payment has to be made online. The mode of payment must be using credit card/debit card or through bank NEFT.
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2019
The JIPMER PG Entrance Exam is to be conducted on the 24th of September, 2018. The exam will be of 3 hours duration, consisting of 250 questions. Negative marking of 1 mark penalty will apply for incorrectly answered questions. Questions will be of MBBS level and includes roughly 19 subjects that are taught in MBBS course. 100 questions will be from the Basic Clinical Sciences section while 150 questions will appear from Clinical Sciences section – adding up to a total of 250 questions.
Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online]
3 hours (180 minutes)
No. of Questions
|No Sectional Timing – Composite timing of 3 hours.|
JIPMER PG Exam Syllabus 2019
The JIPMER PG Exam Syllabus is of MBBS level. The questions that will appear in the exam from subjects taught during the MBBS course. The syllabus is divided into 2 sections – Basic Clinical Sciences (100 questions) and Clinical Sciences (150 questions).
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam Admit Card
The JIPMER PG Admit Card 2019 for the Entrance Exam for January session will be issued on 14th November 2018. JIPMER will release the same in online mode only. The admit card is a mandatory document to be allowed to appear for the JIPMER MD/MS Entrance 2018. It is essential to preserve the admit card after the exam as it will also be required during the counselling process.
|Candidates can follow this link to download JIPMER PG 2019 Admit Card||– to be activated on 14th November –|
Step by Step Download JIPMER Admit Card 2019
- Candidate must visit the official website of JIPMER PG.
- Here, there will be a link mentioning ‘Download JIPMER PG 2019 Admit card’.
- Candidate will be required to log in using Registration number, DoB etc.
- Once successfully entered, the Admit Card will open where candidates can view all exam details.
- The same must be downloaded and printed for the exam date.
JIPMER PG 2019 Entrance Exam Result
JIPMER PG 2019 Result will be declared only through online mode by JIPMER, Puducherry . It is expected that the result will be declared in the Second week of December 2018 (for January session). JIPMER will be publishing the Merit List document which will contain the names/roll numbers of the candidates who have successfully cleared the cut off set for the MD/MS course.
|Candidates can follow this link to view JIPMER PG 2019 Results||– Link to be activated from 12th December –|
- The result for JIPMER PG 2019 will be released tentatively on 12th December 2018.
- JIPMER releases category-wise result with separate cut off across categories.
- The Merit List and Cutoff will be declared along with the result.
- Qualifying candidates will be eligible for further counselling rounds.
JIPMER PG Cutoff
While the exact cutoff for JIPMER PG 2019 will only be determined after the Entrance Exam, based on past years trends candidates can estimate the requirement to qualify for the MD/MS course. The cutoff is released with the Results and whether or not the candidate is qualified for admissions rounds. The cutoff and result for JIPMER PG January 2019 session can be expected on 12th December 2018.
- JIPMER PG cutoff 2019 will be released in online mode.
- The JIPMER Cutoff for PG 2019 indicates the minimum marks required for candidates to qualify the entrance exam.
- JIPMER Puducherry will declare the qualifying percentile along with the result (The marks corresponding to the cutoff percentile will be mentioned post the release of result)
- Merely qualifying the minimum qualifying marks will not be sufficient as candidate must also score minimum cutoff marks.
- The cutoff of JIPMER PG 2019 for January session will vary depending on category.