Training Ship “Chanakya” (also known as T.S. Chanakya or Indian Maritime University (IMU), Navi Mumbai Campus is located near Mumbai. In spite of recent mushrooming of several private maritime colleges across India, T.S. Chanakya is the oldest and most renowned naval academy.
It is operated by the Indian Maritime University (IMU) and Directorate General of Shipping of the Government of India’s Ministry of Surface Transport. It offers various courses, but the most respected is its flagship degree course, i.e. the three-year degree course.
Graduates from T.S. Chanakya receive a B.Sc. (Nautical Sciences) degree from the Indian Maritime University(IMU).
The institute conducts two streams of fully residential courses & other modular courses
- Three years course in B.Sc ( Nautical Science )
- 1-year Diploma Course in Nautical Science, leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science)
- 1-week duration of Advanced Fire Fighting Course
- Two weeks duration of GMDSS Course
- Basic modular courses for in-house cadets: a) Fire Prevention Fire Fighting b)Personal Safety & Social Responsibility c) Personal Survival Technique d) Elementary First Aid.
- Two years course in M.Sc ( Commercial Shipping and Logistics