SIBM Pune is a well-known private management college located in Pune and is a constituent college of Symbiosis International (deemed) University. The college is accredited with NAAC grade “A”. SIBM Pune is known for its Marketing & HR placements among MBA aspirants. For MBA Admission, interested candidates can register for the SNAP test before November 24, 2022, and the final shortlist will be released based on SNAP score, Personal Interview, Group Exercise, and WAT.
The admission process for SIBM Pune MBA Executive 2023 is also open, and candidates can apply on the SIBM Pune official website till July 15, 2023. Moreover, the Second Merit List for MBA & MBA (I&E) batch 2023-25 will be released on March 30, 2023. SIBM Pune offers various specialisations, executive, and PGDBM programs, and interested candidates can visit the SIBM Pune website for more information.
SIBM Pune Important Dates 2023
|MBA / MBA (I&E)|
|SNAP Registration||4th August – 24th November 2022|
|SNAP Admit Card for Test 1||5th December 2022|
|SNAP Admit Card for Test 2 & Test 3||10th December 2022|
|SNAP Computer Base Test (CBT)||SNAP Test 1 – December 10, 2022|
|SNAP Test 2 – December 18, 2022|
|SNAP Test 3 – December 23, 2022|
|SNAP Result||10th January 2023|
|Last date to apply for MBA and MBA(I&E)||9th December 2022|
|Shortlist for GE-PIWAT Round||14th January 2023|
|GE-PIWAT Round||Phase 1 – 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 January 2023|
|Phase 2 – 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 February 2023|
|Declaration of 1st Merit List & 1st Wait List||21st February 2023|
|Last Date for Payment of Fees for 1st Merit List||8th March 2023|
|Second Merit List Release||30th March 2023|
|Commencement of Program||7th June 2023|
SIBM Pune MBA Admission 2023
The flagship program of SIBM Pune is a 2-year full-time residential MBA, which is divided into 4 semesters. It provides specialisations in Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Finance & Operations Management.
SIBM Pune Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission into the SIBM Pune MBA program, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a minimum graduate from any recognised University/Institution.
- Should have a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks for SC/ST) at the graduation level.
- Applicants appearing for final year graduation exams are also eligible to apply subject to securing a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination.
SIBM Pune MBA Selection Process
SIBM Pune MBA Programme follows a two-step selection process, starting with the SNAP Test and followed by Group Exercise, Personal Interview, and WAT.
Here are the steps for the first phase of the selection process for SIBM Pune MBA Programme:
Step I: SNAP Test
- Every student who wants to apply for SIBM Pune MBA Programme must take the SNAP Test, which is a common written test for admission to all Symbiosis postgraduate institutes.
- Candidates can get SNAP Test information by visiting http://www.snaptest.org and registering through the provided application window.
- Candidates have to apply for the SNAP 2022 exam with an application fee of Rs.1950/- and also have to apply for admission to SIBM Pune through the SNAP exam application form by paying an extra application fee of Rs.1000/-.
- Applicants must preserve the Admit Card of SNAP Test for further selection process at SIBM Pune.
- It’s important to note that appearing for the SNAP Test does not automatically qualify an applicant for the next step in the selection process at SIBM Pune.
SIBM Pune SNAP Exam Pattern:
The questions for SNAP include the following:
|Sections||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||25||25|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency||20||20|
Step II: Group Exercise, Personal Interview, and WAT Candidates who clear the SNAP Test and meet the eligibility criteria are shortlisted for the second round of the selection process at SIBM Pune, which includes the following steps:
Group Exercise: Shortlisted candidates are divided into groups of 8-10 and given a topic for discussion. The objective of this round is to assess the candidate’s communication skills, leadership potential, and ability to work in a team.
Personal Interview: After the Group Exercise, candidates are interviewed by a panel of faculty members to evaluate their academic background, work experience (if any), personal traits, and overall fit with the program.
WAT (Writing Ability Test): In this round, candidates are given a topic to write an essay on within a specified time limit. The WAT is designed to assess the candidate’s writing skills, analytical ability, and coherence of thought.
The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in all the rounds of the selection process. The weightage given to each round may vary from year to year and is decided by the institute.
|Category of Students||SIBM Cut off|
To apply for SIBM Pune, follow these steps:
- Register for the SNAP Test and complete registration form part I.
- Validate your mobile number by entering the OTP.
- Verify your email ID.
- Make payment for the SNAP Test.
- Register for the institute programme(s) and complete registration form part II.
- Make payment for the selected programme(s)
How to Prepare for SIBM Pune MBA Admission?
Appearing and achieving valid scores in the SNAP test is a mandatory requirement for candidates who are interested in the SIBM Pune MBA program. This test plays a crucial role in securing admission to SIBM Pune.
SIBM Pune MBA (Innovation & Entrepreneurship) Admission Process 2023
SIBM Pune provides an MBA program in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) for students interested who have completed graduation from recognised universities in any discipline. The following are the essential eligibility criteria and selection process for both MBA programs prescribed by MDI Gurgaon:
SIBM Pune MBA (I&E) Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the SIBM Pune MBA (I&E) program, candidates must have a minimum aggregate score of 50% in their graduation. However, for candidates belonging to the reservation category, the minimum aggregate score required is 45%.
SIBM Pune MBA (I&E) Selection Criteria:
Candidates who wish to be admitted to the SIBM Pune MBA (I&E) program must pass the SNAP, as well as a personal interview, group discussion, and writing ability test.
Reservation Criteria for SIBM Pune MBA & MBA (I&E) Program:
SIBM Pune Admission 2023: Executive MBA
To be eligible for SIBM Pune Executive MBA, candidates must have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with a minimum of 50% aggregate and have at least 2 years of work experience. The selection of candidates for the Executive MBA program will be based on their score in the SNAP entrance exam and their performance in the personal interview.
- Entrance exam score card.
- Qualifying examination mark sheets
- Valid ID proof
- Passport size photographs
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
SIBM Pune PGDBM Admission 2023
SIBM Pune’s PGDBM is a part-time corporate program that spans two years and admits up to 40 students. The program consists of four semesters and focuses on general management without any specialisations.
SIBM Pune PGDBM Eligibility Criteria:
- To be eligible for SIBM Pune’s PGDBM program, candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognised university or institute.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks at the graduation level.
- In addition to the educational qualifications, the candidate should also have a minimum of two years of work experience in a relevant industry.
SIBM Pune PGDBM Selection Process:
The shortlisting process for SIBM Pune PGDBM consists of clearing an entrance exam followed by a personal interview. Alternatively, a client organisation can choose to nominate a batch of eligible employees as a part of the corporate program.