Symbiosis Institute of Business Management – [SIBM], Hyderabad Scholarships
Post Graduate Merit Scholarships:
- Merit Scholarship in the P.G. programme will be awarded to the topper of semester I of the program. In the subsequent semesters, the scholarship would be based on academic excellence, a minimum GPA of 7.50earned by the same student during the preceding semester.
- Only those students will be eligible for the award of Merit Scholarship who have cleared the courses prescribed for the respective programme up to the stage of award i.e. they should not have any backlog.
- The student who has been awarded merit scholarship by the University shall not be debarred from stipend or any financial assistance from any other source. However, if the student is awarded any stipend or financial assistance from any other source, he/she shall communicate the same through the Institute to the office of Student Affairs, SIU.
- There will be no income limit of the parents/guardians of the students for the grant of merit scholarship.
- In case a student is eligible for more than one scholarship/freeship by the University, he/she shall be awarded only one scholarship/freeship as per his/her preference.
- The award of merit scholarship for PG programmes shall be announced every year by the University.
- If a student declines or cancels his admission, the scholarship amount will not be awarded to any other student but will be refunded by the institute to the University.
- The scholarship amount will not be paid to a student. It will be transferred by the University directly to the Institute for the adjustment in academic fee. The cheque of the scholarship amount will be given to the student for the last semester of the program.
Post Graduate (MBA) Scholarship for IIT Graduates:
Total 5 students from IITs who join Symbiosis International University for the MBA programme in the year 2016 – 17 will be eligible for a @ 20% fee waiver.
- Fee waiver will be given to the students, provided the student joins the MBAprogramme after making it in the merit list after clearing the entrance exam (SNAP) and GE +PI +WAT process.
- 5 students will be chosen based on the total composite score (SNAP + GE +PIWAT score). If two students have the same score, then the student with the
- higher SNAP score will qualify for the Scholarship.
- The maximum fee waiver in the FIRST YEAR of the MBA programme would amount to 20% of the academic fee alone (Not including the induction programme fee, hostel and mess fee).
- The amount would proportionally depend on the academic fee charged for the MBA programme by the respective Institution.
- For the waiver to continue for the second year of the MBA programme, the student should not have any backlogs (internal or external) and must have atleast 7 out of 10 CGPA at the end of Semester II.
- The maximum fee waiver for the second year of the MBA programme, would amount to 20% of the academic fee alone (not including the induction programme fee, hostel and mess fee)