St. Joseph’S College of Engineering (SJCE), Chennai Overview
Founded in the year 2001, by Rev. Fr. J.E. Arul Raj, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved St. Joseph's College of Engineering Chennai is a unit of DMI Foundations (DFT). It is a private institute, affiliated to the Anna University, and is administered by the St. Joseph's Educational Trust.
St Joseph's College of Engineering provides various UG and PG programmes in Business & Management, Engineering and IT consisting of courses like B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech, M.Sc., MBA/PGDM and MCA. Admission to these courses is conducted on the basis of performance in Entrance Exams like JEE Main for B.Tech. and GATE for M.Tech. St Joseph College of Engineering Chennai offers a total of 10 Undergraduate courses and 11 Postgraduate programmes.
St Joseph's College of Engineering Chennai has a rank of 128 among engineering colleges and 39 among degree colleges given by NIRF 2019. Also, St Joseph College of Engineering Chennai ranking was 97 among the top 100 Institutions in India in the year 2017, by NIRF rankings.
The St. Joseph College of Engineering faculty is considered to be highly qualified and young having enough knowledge in their respective field of study. The teachers are friendly and always willing to impart their knowledge and experience fully onto their students.
Know more about how is St. Joseph College Chennai on the official website.
SJCE Chennai Courses offered and Fee Structure
The St Joseph's College of Engineering provides courses in branches of Business & Management Studies, Engineering and IT and Software. St. Joseph's Chennai offers degrees in B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech, M.Sc., MBA/PGDM and MCA.
Following is a brief discussion of the academic structure along with St Joseph's College of Engineering fee structure of the St Joseph College of Engineering Chennai courses. St Joseph College of Engineering Chennai MBA is also popular among students. To know the details of St Joseph's College of Engineering fees structure, one can visit the official site.
SJCE Chennai Course Highlights
- St Joseph College of Engineering Chennai courses offered at undergraduate level is a full-time four-year-long B.Tech and B.E programme. Aspiring candidates need to clear their senior secondary examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology from a recognised board or university. St. Joseph Engineering college Chennai fees for the B.Tech degree is Rs. 2.4 lakhs.
- St. Joseph college of engineering provides an M.Tech and M.E programme for a period of two years along with a fee of Rs. 1.4 lakhs. Candidates need to clear their B.Tech degrees in a relevant stream with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
SJCE Chennai Admission Process
The St.Joseph College of Engineering Chennai admission procedures of 2018, for the engineering courses are as follows –
- BE / B.Tech admission - St Joseph College of Engineering admission is based on the JEE Mains and TNEA cut-offs, stated by the institution itself followed by various rounds of counselling depending on the desired course or stream.
- ME / M.Tech admission - Admission is conducted on the basis of the marks scored by candidates in their GATE exam followed by a personal interview.
SJCE Chennai Placements
St Joseph's Engineering College placement scenario is quite good providing employment to students in both core and IT companies. The packages range upto 10 lakhs per annum. The average package offered by the companies is 3.45 lakhs per annum. In 2015, around 95% of candidates got recruited in on-campus placements only.
The companies and recruiters visiting the St Joseph’s College Chennai campus include: Accenture, Amazon.com, Anand Rathi Securities, Aricent, Bajaj Capital, BNP Paribas, Bosch Ltd, CMS IT Services, Cognizant, CSS Corp, Emerson Electric, First Source, HCL, HCL Technologies, HDFC Bank, HP, HTC, ICICI Prudential, Info Edge (India) Ltd., Infosys, Kothari Group, Mind Tree, Mphasis, MRF, Naukri.Com, NTT Data e.t.c.
Placement records of the last four years
|Academic Year||No. of students registered||No. of students placed||Placement percentage|
SJCE Chennai Result and Cut-off
Aspiring candidates need to score above the St.Joseph's college of engineering cut off, in their entrance exams, to get admitted into their desired streams. The cutoff list of St. Joseph's College of Engineering Chennai results for the UG Level, is prepared on the basis of the score obtained in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA).
Mentioned below is the St Joseph's Engineering college Chennai cut off for TNEA 2017, of the B.E. programme:
Maximum Closing Rank
|B.Tech Chemical Engineering||12588|
|BE Civil Engineering||13512|
|BE Computer Science and Engineering||8466|
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||10323|
|BE Electronics and Communication Engineering||7428|
|BE Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||20567|
|B.Tech Information Technology||12902|
|BE Instrumentation and Control Engineering||36234|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||9595|
SJCE Chennai Alumni Network
Joseph College of Engineering has an alumni cell called AASJCE which aims to bring all old scholars, who once were a part of the St Josephs Engineering College, under one community for sharing and exchange of knowledge, experience and skill amongst themselves and to pass them on to the present students of the university and to promote the advancement of scientific knowledge for the benefit of the community and the country.
SJCE Chennai Scholarships
St. Joseph Chennai offers scholarships to deserving candidates under the following fellowship or scholarships or assistantships programmes:
|State Scholarship for backward Classes(BC).||District Backward Classes Welfare Office||To students of all B.C. provided the income of the parents does not exceed Rs. 50,000.|
|Govt. of India Scholarship to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students||District Harijan Welfare office||To students of Scheduled Castes and Tribes.|
|Scholarship for Most Backward Classes(MBC).||District Backward Classes Welfare Officer||To all M.B.C. students irrespective of parents’ income|
|National Merit Scholarship||Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Chennai.||On merit basis|
|Scholarship to Children of Defence Services||Commissioner of Education, Chennai.||Students who are children of Defence Services. Personnel are eligible for fees concession only.|
|Adi-Dravidar Welfare Loan||Director of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Chennai||For the students of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe.|
|Scholarship to children of Freedom Fighters||Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Chennai.||To students who are children of freedom fighters.|
SJCE Chennai Campus Facility
Following are a few of the facilities available at the St Joseph Engineering College Chennai campus.
How is St. Joseph's Chennai?
Like most colleges, St.Josephs College of Engineering address is easily communicable and well-connected via railway and air routes with the rest of the country. The college has a theatre as well as a seminar hall, each with a seating capacity of 319 persons.
- Library: The library at St Josephs Engineering College contains 46,073 volumes of books consisting of reference as well as text Books, 148 volumes of encyclopedias, 152 national journals and over 570 e-journals. It has a subscription of MALIBNET (Madras Library Networks) and DELNET (Developing Library Networks) through which the library can be accessed in and around Chennai.
- Hostel: The college has both boys and girls hostels within the campus. The boys hostel consists of 342 rooms and the girls hostel consists of 250.
- Sports: The institute has a Badminton Court, Basketball Court, Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Tennis Court, Volleyball Court, Hockey Ground, Table Tennis tables and a 400 metres Athletics Track.
- Location: The official St. Joseph's Chennai address is Old Mamallapuram Road, Semmencherry Chennai (Tamil Nadu). The college is around 15 kilometres from Adyar in Chennai and 18 km from the Tambaram railway station.