St. Aloysius College, Mangalore Overview
St. Aloysius College at Mangalore is a Co-Educational institution with a prideful history of around 140 years. Since 2007, the college has been granted autonomous status. The college belongs to a network of educational institutions managed by members of the Society of Jesuits, a religious group with schools, colleges, and universities in more than 105 countries/regions in the world. It offers both UG and PG level courses. As per the scheme of Govt. of India, the college has been sanctioned as DDU Kaushal Centre. It has ranked among the best colleges by NIRF.
St. Aloysius College Mangalore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1880 | Private|
|Approved by||UGC and NAAC|
|Accreditation||NAAC “A” Grade|
|Popular Courses||BA and BSW|
|Campus Area||37 acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Store, and Labs|
St. Aloysius College Mangalore Courses
The college offers different courses in 7 streams (Humanities, Mass communication, Commerce, Management studies, IT, Science and Animation) at UG and PG levels. It also offers some certificate courses. The details of the main courses are:
St. Aloysius College Mangalore Admission
For UG courses, the candidates have to pass 10+2 with minimum of 50% in relevant subjects. For PG courses, the candidates must have bachelor degree with minimum of 40% in relevant subjects. For Diploma courses, the candidates must have bachelor’s or master’s degree in any subject from a recognised institution.
The candidates need to apply offline for any program/course.
- The application form is available at the college. It can be also downloaded from the website of the college.
- Visit the official site of the college.
- Fill the form correctly with all the details.
- Send the form after filling through the post at the college address.
- The application fee is to be paid in cash or through DD.
- The admission is purely on the basis of merit. No entrance exam is conducted by the college.
St. Aloysius College Mangalore Placements
The college offers good placement opportunities to the students in the streams of HR, IT, BPO, Marketing, and Finance. The packages are good varying from INR 3 LPA to INR 6 LPA and the trends have been satisfactory for the students so far.
The companies which come for the placements in the college are: Tech Mahindra; Google; SAP; HP; Himalaya Herbals; Cognizant; TCS; Wipro; Capgemini; and E&Y.
St. Aloysius College Mangalore Scholarships
The college provides various scholarships to the students which come in the form of donations from the donors and staff members. The scholarships are in the form of fee reduction, free ship, endowment scholarship, and merit scholarship. Few of the scholarships are-
- K Krishnamoorthy Scholarship
- Mr. Pandurang Pai Memorial Scholarship
- Marcel & Monthi Martis Memorial Scholarship
- Allan Memorial
St. Aloysius College Mangalore Facilities
Being enriched with historic journey and resources for the students, the college provides all the necessary facilities to them. The following facilities are available in the campus:
- Hostel- The separate hostels are there for girls and boys divided for UG and PG students.
- Library- It has over 85000 books and journals along with a service of digital library and seating capacity of 250 students.
- Auditorium- The college has 5 developed auditoriums and hall for conducting events.
- Laboratories- There are 24 laboratories with halls comprising proper modern equipment to fulfil the requirements of all the streams.
- Convenience store- The book store is there to meet academic needs of the students in the campus.
- Hospital- There is a health centre with first aid facilities for the students in the college.
St. Aloysius College Mangalore Faculty
The college is enriched with the experienced and knowledgeable teachers and professors being part of it. The faculties are well-qualified and helpful. Along with faculties, there are non-teaching staffs and counsellors to help the students. The count of faculties is approximately 300.
St. Aloysius College Mangalore FAQs
Q. What is IQAC at St. Aloysius College Mangalore?
Q. Whether St. Aloysius College Mangalore supports Research?
Q. Why should one choose St. Aloysius College Mangalore for further studies?
Q. Can you discuss on the alumni of the St. Aloysius College Mangalore which is so old and historic?
- Anant Agarwal, research scholar and CEO
- George Fernandes, former Union Defence Minister
- K. V. Kamath, chairman- ICICI Bank, India
- Mavila Vishwanathan Nair, chairman-Union Bank of India
- V. J. P. Saldanha, Konkani language littérateur, dramatist, novelist, and poet
- K. L. Rahul, Indian international cricketer
- T.M.A Pai, founder of Manipal University
Q. What is Industry Collaboration at St. Aloysius College Mangalore?