Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune Scholarships
Pune University Scholarship
The scholarship is considered to be financial aid provided by the University, Government, Institution and sometimes from Private sources as well. A scholarship differs from an educational loan as the amount of the scholarship does not have to be repaid.
The meritorious students are the justified owner of such monetary awards. Pune University offers around 23 numbers of scholarships to its students from various sources.
Anuj Bidve scholarship is distributed to the students who have cleared their graduation in B.Tech course and willing to do a Masters degree in this university.
The candidates need to be an Indian citizen and must complete their UG course from Pune University to avail this scholarship. The scholarship offers accommodation fee concession for the Master’s degree applicants.
The university also offers a scholarship for the PhD students. Savitribai Phule Scholarship for the SC and ST category students are also provided by the university as well.
Apart from the above-mentioned scholarships, there are Maths and Physics scholarship, Arthik Durbal Ghatak Scholarship, Krantijyoti Savitrimata Phule Scholarship, Eklavya Sahayya Yojana, Rhodes Scholarships India, E-Scholarship, Japan IMF scholarship programme, Indira Gandhi Scholarship, Jayashree Gune Scholarship, Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship and many more. Details of these scholarships are provided on the Pune University official website.
Pune University Admission Process
Pune University offers various types of courses, starting from undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, to doctorate. The immense popularity of the university has made it a centre of attraction among the young aspirants of this region.
Students from all around the nation eagerly wait for the admission notification of the Pune University as it offers a wide range of specializations. Courses like B.A., B.B.A., B.COM, B.SC, MD, L.L.B., B.Ed, M.B.A., MA, M.C.A. are being provided by the University. Candidates are advised to visit the official Website to get the Pune University Application form 2019.
- Applicants willing to take admission in the B.A., B.SC and B.com courses must be a 10+2 passed out from a recognized institution. B. Tech applicants need to pass the H.S.C. with English, Chemistry and Physics and must secure 50% marks in the exam. BHMCT candidates must have a diploma certificate in Hotel Management.
- Candidates looking forward Pune University PG admission 2019 have to clear the O.O.E. exam and an interview and have to get 45% score in their respective Bachelor’s degree exam. For M.B.A, candidates must be a Bachelor or Master degree holder with a minimum number of 50 % in the specialization of Medical Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Life Sciences, Botany etc.
- MLLW, M.O.L., MCM, M.S.W., MMM, M.M.S., M.P.H. courses admission process includes an interview and for this, the candidates must have a Bachelor degree in the relevant stream. Apart from these courses, MCA is also offered. Eligibility for MCA in Pune University is stated below in the table.
- The admission process for the PhD courses consists of an entrance and interview round though the national level entrance( GATE/ SET/ GPAT) qualified candidates are not bound to give the Entrance exam of the university. The students must have passed their respective postgraduate degree courses with 55% marks. Candidates can check the official website for more details on Pune University PhD admission.
- Pune University offers M.Phil course for twelve months. The candidates are selected on the basis of their academic score in Postgraduate level. Candidates applying for M.Phil course must remember that they must have 50% marks in their postgraduate programmes.
- Pune University Distance Education admission is made online. The applicants have to clear the Online Entrance Examination or sometimes an interview to get selected for the distance course. Pune University provides Undergraduate and Postgraduate and PhD courses in the distance education mode.
|Course||Specialization||Eligibility number Pune University||Selection Procedure|
|BA||Social Science, Moral Science, Mental Science, Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Biotechnology, Wine Technology, Home Science, Tech (Weapon Technology),||Passed HSC exam with the relevant subjects from a recognised board||Entrance examination followed by an interview|
|BSc||Bio-Medical Techniques, Analytical Chemistry, Optometry, Biotechnology, GIS & Remote Sensing, Wine Technology, Hospitality Studies, Health Education and Sports, Physical Education,|
|BCJ||Communication and Journalism|
|B.Lib.I.Sc.||Library and Information Science|
|B.S.L.LLB||Socio-Legal Science Bachelor of Law|
|M.A.||Sanskrit Linguistics, Mass Communication & Journalism, Social Studies, Performing Arts, Development Planning & Administration||Passed graduation degree in the relevant stream from a recognised university|
|M.Sc||Space Science, Physics, Environmental Science, Maths, Polymer Science, Health Science, Bio Technology, Petroleum Technology, Computer Science, Drug Chemistry, PPPR Tech. Weapon Systems, Industrial Mathematics with CA, Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology, Pharmacology, Genetics Science,|
|M.Tech||Biotechnology, Atmospheric Physics, Lasers & Electronic Optics, Computer Science, Mathematical Modelling & Simulation, Bio Information, Modeling & Simulation, Metallurgy, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication, Instrumentation & Control, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Modeling & Simulation|
|B.Ed+M.Ed||Education||Passed HSC exam with the relevant subjects from a recognised board|
|MLLW||Labour Laws and Labour Welfare||Passed graduation degree in the relevant stream from a recognised university|
|MJMC||Journalism and Mass Communication|
|M.Lib.I.Sc.||Library and Information Science|
|PhD||NA||Passed masters degree in the relevant stream from a recognised university|
|Diploma||Translation||Passed HSC exam with the relevant subjects from a recognised board|