Sarala Birla University (SBU), Ranchi is a self-financed private university. It was established in the year 2017. There are four academic schools under SBU named School of Engineering & Technology, School of Social Science & Humanities, School of Commerce & Management, and School of Yoga & Naturopathy. Presently, the university is running BCA, BBA, B.Tech, BA(H), B.Com (H), Bachelor in Yoga and Naturopathy at the UG level and MBA, Master in Yoga & Naturopathy at the PG level. Besides these, it also offers a Diploma in Engineering across 5 specializations.
SBU Ranchi Highlights
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance-based|
SBU Ranchi Courses
Sarala Birla University offers the following courses at the UG and PG level:
|Diploma in Engineering||
|Bachelor of Yoga and Naturopathy||
|Master of Yoga and Naturopathy||
SBU Ranchi Admission
For MBA admission, candidates need to have a valid CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT score. Candidates who have not appeared in any of the above-mentioned entrance tests have to appear for the SBU Entrance Test.
Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech must have qualified either a National/ State-level entrance test. Candidates who have not appeared in any of the above-mentioned entrance tests have to appear for the SBU Entrance Test.
The selection of candidates in the Diploma in engineering program is done through State-level Polytechnic Entrance Test/ SBU Entrance Test.
Admissions to all other programs like BCA, BBA, B.Com, BA, etc. are granted on the basis of merit scored in the last qualifying examination. No entrance exam is required.
- Visit the university’s website and create an account
- Fill & submit the form of application
- Pay the application fee
- The University will send an offer letter to the candidate
- Accept the letter
SBU Ranchi Placements
Placements are organized by a diverse Training & Placement Cell. The Training & Placement cell stimulates the method of placement of learners passing out from the Institute besides working together with main institutions in arranging internship and activity programs of learners.
The cell performs training such as group conversations, quizzes, and conferences regularly to empower learners with a good quantity of disclosure. Some of the top recruiters are Aditya Birla Capital, HDFC Mutual Fund, Birla Gold Cement, Mangalam Cement, Jay Shree Tea, and many more.
SBU Ranchi Facilities
- Library: The University has an ample and well-stocked library. It has a variety of pictures and digital reserves. Consideration and books are usable for the learners to obtain, as well as, e-books. Learners are issued a Library Card at the advent of the student's intellectual year that will be utilized for all library-related agreements.
- Transport: The University submits its students with pick up and declines facilities. It has a line of buses that utilize within a length of 100 km from the campus. They run particular routes that surround 60% of the city. The bus timings are in line with the University's list.
- Medical Services: There are a Doctor and sitters on campus for any accidents. There is an ambulance on the assumptions. Learners are provided with adequate medical awareness and can also be put up with to the hospital if needed.
Accommodation is provided for both female and male students of all the courses based on availability, permitted in the hostel according to the availability of beds.
- The hostel has rooms of varying sizes, both single and double occupancy and most rooms have attached bathrooms.
- Mess facility available for all meals. There is a TV available in the mess hall for the common use of students.
- Study hall for the use of students and round-the-clock internet facility is provided.
- Housekeeping staff for room cleaning.
- Laundry facility (additional charges applicable)
- Hot water facility.
- Water purifier with RO technology.
- 24 hours security personnel.
- Hostel subscription to two newspapers as well as individual newspaper subscriptions on request (additional charges applicable).
SBU Ranchi FAQs
Q. Does the university offer scholarships?
Q. Does the university provide accommodation?
Q. How much I have to pay as a Hostel fee?
Q. What is the eligibility for B.Tech lateral entry?
Q. Is there any contact number for admission related queries?