The first self-financing engineering college in India is Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), located in Manipal. According to NIRF 2021, the institute is now ranked number 51 among the best engineering schools in India.
B.Tech is the flagship course of the Manipal Institute of Technology, and admissions to the same are made on the basis of scores in the Manipal Entrance Test (MET), followed by counseling. MIT Manipal currently provides UG and PG courses, namely B.Tech, M.Tech, and M.C.A.
Due to the outstanding work chances, it offers its students, MIT Manipal is also renowned for its placements. The highest package offered in the most recent placement drive for 2021 was INR 43.31 LPA, and the average package was INR 8.8 LPA. Some of the top employers at Manipal Institute of Technology include Accenture, Capgemini, Cleartax, Dell, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, HPE, L&T, MyGate, and TCS.
Manipal Institute of Technology Rankings
Following are the rankings obtained by the college:
- Ranked 51 for B.Tech by NIRF 2021.
- Ranked 45 for B.Tech by NIRF 2020.
- Ranked 21 for B.Tech by India Today 2020.
- Ranked 25 for B.Tech by The Week 2020.
- Ranked 20 for B.Tech by Outlook 2019.
- Ranked 6 among private colleges by Education World 2019.
Admission to Manipal Institute of Technology
- Visit the company's website.
- Click "Apply."
- Complete the form completely.
- Publish a photo and your signature.
- Choose the program, then type in your address.
- Decide on a payment method.
- For the General Category, the application cost is INR 600, and for the Foreign/NRI/NRI Sponsored Category, it is INR 2500. Use your selected method to make payment.
- Candidates will be chosen for admission to the B.Tech program based on their performance in the Manipal Entrance Test (MET).
- Candidates will be chosen based on their GATE or MET scores for admission to the M.Tech program.
Placements at Manipal Institute of Technology
The students at Manipal Institute of Technology have always been placed into the desired profiles with great initiative. A well-organized placement team is present at the institution, and it is led by the Associate Director (Industrial Liaison, Placements & Practice School), three Assistant Directors, as well as departmental faculty and student coordinators. Every year, MIT Manipal hosts around 250+ recruiting teams for UG & PG campus placements and internship recruitment. Over 300 students have received internship offers, and the outcomes of their conversion from internship to FTE (full-time employment) are awaiting. At Manipal Institute of Technology, some of the top employers include Accenture, Capgemini, Cleartax, Dell, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, HPE, L&T, MyGate, TCS, and others.
Some of the placement highlights are as follows:
Scholarships at the Manipal Institute of Technology
The following categories are where MIT Manipal offers scholarships to its undergraduate and graduate students.
- Kalam-Pai, Freeship and Scholars Scholarship for MBBS & BDS Programs
- Merit Scholarship for MD and MDS Programs
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BTech
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BPharm
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for All Other Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Programs
- Board Toppers Scholarship for All Under Graduate (UG) Programs
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- Academy of General Education (AGE) Scholarship for AGE Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for B.Sc. Nursing students
- Merit Scholarship for BTech (Lateral Entry) students from Manipal Group Polytechnic Institutions
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign / Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Category Students
- Merit Scholarship for Konkani-speaking students
- Merit Scholarship for Children of Manipal Alumni
- Scholarship scheme of interest subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
- Kadambi scholarship
- ITC scholarship
Manipal Institute of Technology Faculty
Listed below are some of the departments along with a number of highly experienced faculty members:
- Department of Automobile & Aeronautical Engineering: 24 Faculty
- Department of Biomedical Engineering: 14 Faculty
- Department of Biotechnology: 20 Faculty
- Department of Chemical Engineering: 25 Faculty
- Department of Chemistry: 20 Faculty
- Department of Civil Engineering: 57 Faculty
- Department of Computer Applications: 14 Faculty
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering: 64 Faculty
FAQs about Manipal Institute of Technology
Q. Is Manipal Institute of Technology involved in any international partnerships?
Ans. Yes, MIT has agreements in place with more than 15 international universities, including some that provide student exchange programs.
Q. How can I enroll in Manipal Institute of Technology's B.Tech. Lateral program?
Ans. A candidate must take the MIT Entrance Test, which is administered by the institute, in order to be considered for admission to the B.Tech. lateral program. Candidates must have earned a minimum cumulative grade of 45% on their engineering diploma.
Q. What about Manipal Institute of Technology's infrastructure?
Ans. The campus of MIT is wifi connected, labs are outfitted with the most modern technology, and classrooms are roomy. The hostels are reachable on foot.
Q. What is the Manipal Institute of Technology's NIRF ranking?
Ans. According to the most recent NIRF Rankings, MIT is ranked 45th overall and first in the engineering area.
Q. Is staying in the Manipal Institute of Technology hostel required?
Ans. First-year students are required to live in the hostels. Students who want to stay elsewhere must submit a letter of authorization from their parents that has been properly advised by their HOI and delivered to the Director of Student Affairs for the required approval.
Q. How many amenities does the Manipal Institute of Technology have?
Ans. The Manipal Institute of Technology has all the necessary amenities, including a library, dormitories, canteens, an innovation center, a sports complex, an auditorium, labs, and smart classrooms, among others.
Q. How can I submit an admissions application to the Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. The Manipal Institute of Technology's official website can be accessed to submit an online application for admission. Candidates will need to upload their academic credentials and submit a fee.
Q. What are the requirements for Manipal Institute of Technology's B.Tech admissions?
Ans. In order to be eligible for admission to the B.Tech program at Manipal Institute of Technology, candidates must have completed their 10+2 coursework with at least a 50 percent grade in Physics, Mathematics, and English as well as Chemistry, Biotechnology, or Biology as optional subjects.
Q. How would you rate the Manipal Institute of Technology faculty?
Ans. Manipal Institute of Technology boasts highly qualified professors who have earned degrees from the country's leading engineering schools. The majority of the faculty members have doctorates and are authorities in their fields.
Q. What is the total number of academic departments at Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. Manipal Institute of Technology offers degrees in B.Tech, M.Tech, and M.C.A. through its 17 academic departments.