Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal is the first self-financing engineering college in India. The institute has been ranked 51 among the top engineering colleges in India by NIRF 2021.
At present, MIT Manipal offers, UG and PG courses namely, B.Tech, M.Tech, and M.C.A. B.Tech is the flagship course of Manipal Institute of Technology, and admissions to the same are done on the basis of scores in the Manipal Entrance Test (MET) followed by counselling.
MIT Manipal is also known for its placements as it provides excellent job opportunities to its students. In the recent placement drive of 2021, the highest package offered was INR 43.31 LPA and the average package was INR 8.8 LPA. Accenture, Capgemini, Cleartax, Dell, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, HPE, L&T, MyGate, and TCS are some of the top recruiters at Manipal Institute of Technology.
Manipal Institute of Technology Rankings
Following are the rankings obtained by the college:
- Ranked 51 for B.Tech by NIRF 2021.
- Ranked 45 for B.Tech by NIRF 2020.
- Ranked 21 for B.Tech by India Today 2020.
- Ranked 25 for B.Tech by The Week 2020.
- Ranked 20 for B.Tech by Outlook 2019.
- Ranked 6 among private colleges by Education World 2019.
Manipal Institute of Technology Admission
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- Fill out the form carefully.
- Upload a photograph and signature.
- Select the program and enter your address.
- Select a mode of payment.
- The application fee is INR 600 (for General Category) and INR 2500 (for Foreign/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored Category). Pay it using your preferred means.
- For admission to the B.Tech program, the candidates will be selected on the basis of marks scored in the Manipal Entrance Test (MET).
- For admission to the M.Tech program, the candidates will be selected on the basis of marks scored in GATE or MET.
Manipal Institute of Technology Placements
Manipal Institute of Technology has always been very proactive in placing the students into the profiles of their preference. The institute has a well-organized placement team headed by the Associate Director (Industrial Liaison, Placements & Practice School), three Assistant Directors and also comprising of faculty and student coordinators from each department. On average, over 250+ recruiting teams visit MIT Manipal for UG & PG campus placements & internship recruitment every year. 300+ students have internship offers and their Internship to FTE (full-time employment) conversion results are awaited. Some of the top recruiters at Manipal Institute of Technology are Accenture, Capgemini, Cleartax, Dell, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, HPE, L&T, MyGate, TCS, and etc.
Some of the placement highlights are as follows:
Manipal Institute of Technology Scholarships
MIT Manipal awards scholarship for its Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) students under the following categories
- Kalam-Pai, Freeship and Scholars Scholarship for MBBS & BDS Programs
- Merit Scholarship for MD and MDS Programs
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BTech
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BPharm
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for All Other Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Programs
- Board Toppers Scholarship for All Under Graduate (UG) Programs
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- Academy of General Education (AGE) Scholarship for AGE Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for B.Sc. Nursing students
- Merit Scholarship for BTech (Lateral Entry) students from Manipal Group Polytechnic Institutions
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign / Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Category Students
- Merit Scholarship for Konkani speaking students
- Merit Scholarship for Children of Manipal Alumni
- Scholarship scheme of interest subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
- Kadambi scholarship
- ITC scholarship
Manipal Institute of Technology Faculty
Listed below are some of the departments along with a number of highly experienced faculty members:
- Department of Automobile & Aeronautical Engineering: 24 Faculty
- Department of Biomedical Engineering: 14 Faculty
- Department of Biotechnology: 20 Faculty
- Department of Chemical Engineering: 25 Faculty
- Department of Chemistry: 20 Faculty
- Department of Civil Engineering: 57 Faculty
- Department of Computer Applications: 14 Faculty
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering: 64 Faculty
Manipal Institute of Technology FAQs
Q. Does Manipal Institute of Technology have any foreign collaborations?
Ans. Yes, MIT has MoU with more than 15 foreign universities, including student exchange programs with several of them.
Q. How do I get admission into the B.Tech Lateral program of Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. Candidates seeking admission into the B.Tech lateral program are required to appear for the MIT Entrance test conducted by the institute. The candidates must have completed a Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
Q. What about the Infrastructure of Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. MIT has world-class infrastructure, the campus is wifi enabled, labs have the latest types of equipment and classrooms are spacious. The hostels are within walking distance.
Q. What is the NIRF Ranking of Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. As per the latest NIRF Rankings, MIT has been ranked at 45th position under the engineering category.
Q. Is it necessary to stay at the Manipal Institute of Technology hostel?
Ans. It is mandatory for first-year students to reside in the hostels Students who desire to stay outside the hostel must submit a consent letter from their Parents duly recommended by their HOI and forward it to the Director, Student Affairs for the necessary permission.
Q. What are the facilities available at the Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. Manipal Institute of Technology is equipped with all the facilities like library, hostel, canteens, innovation center, sports complex, auditorium, labs, smart classes, etc.
Q. How can I apply for admission at Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. Applications for admission to the Manipal Institute of Technology can be made online by visiting the official website of the institute. Candidates will be required to upload their academic documents and to pay an application fee.
Q. What is the minimum requirement B.Tech admission at Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / any technical vocational subject as optional with a minimum of 50% in order to be eligible for admission to the B.Tech at Manipal Institute of Technology.
Q. How is the faculty at Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. Manipal Institute of Technology has highly qualified faculty members who have graduated from top engineering colleges in India. Most of the faculty members are Ph.D. holders and they are expert is their respective subjects.
Q. How many academic departments are there at Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ans. Manipal Institute of Technology functions under 17 academic departments to offer B.Tech, M.Tech, and M.C.A degrees.