Lovely Professional University – [LPU], Jalandhar Admission Process
Lovely Professional University Admission 2020
LPU is a semi-residential university college in North India created under the Punjab State Private University Act 2005. LPU Offers around 200 courses in diploma, Undergraduate (UG), graduate, Postgraduate (PG) and doctoral levels with various specialisation.
Admission to all the courses is through LPUNEST or equivalent exam followed by Personal interview (PI) or Group Discussion (GD) rounds for further evaluation of the candidates, 5% relaxation in eligibility criteria will be given to North-East candidates, i.e. applicants who have completed their Qualifying test or have Domicile from the North East States.
Apart from the regular classroom courses, Lovely Professional University (LPU) also offers Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate level programs through Distance Education.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Signup
- Step 2: Apply for LPUNEST (Entrance and Scholarship Test)
- Step 3: Book the Exam Slot and Appear
- Step 4: Interview
- Step 5: Admission
Step 1 – Signup
- Register onto LPU’s admission portal with basic details (Name, Email ID, Mobile No., State, Gender and Password). Your email id will act as your username for the portal and password will be set by you while registering on the portal.
- You will get a mail on your registered email id regarding this.
- Login to the LPU’s admission portal with already created username/ password.
Courses Offered at LPU
|Course||Selection Process||Eligibility Criteria|
|B.Tech/ Integrated B.Tech- M.Tech/ Integrated BTech- MBA||LPUNEST or JEE Main||Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 12th|
|BCA/ BSc (Hons.) Biotechnology/ Intergrated BBA- MBA/ BBA (Hons.)/ BCom/ntegrated BCom- MBA||LPUNEST||Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 12th|
|MCA||60% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s degree or equivalent|
|BA LLB (Hons.) / BCom, LLB (Hons.), BBA, LLB (Hons.)||LPUNEST or CLAT/LSAT||Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 12th and 50% marks in Bachelor’s Degree for LLB|
|B.Sc||Merit||Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 12th|
|BA (Yoga & Physical Education)/ BSc (Physical Education, Health Education and Sports)/ DPEd/ BPES/ B.P.Ed||LPUPET|
|MPEd/ MPES||Merit||Bachelor’s Degree|
|MBA||LPUNEST or CAT /XAT /MAT /CMAT /GMAT||Pass with 60% aggregate marks in Graduation|
|M.Tech||LPUNEST OR GATE||60% in BE/ B.Tech in relevant Field|
|All other courses||Merit||Accordingly|
|Online Registration Starts on||2nd week of September 2019||16th January 2020|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||1st December 2019||1st March 2020|
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST||9th January 2020* 15th January 2020*||31st March 2020*|
|Dates of Entrance Examination #||10th January – 25th January 2020||10th April – 25th April 2020|
|Display of Result||31st January 2020||30th April 2020|
|Slot booking for Interview||31st January – 4th February 2020||30th April – 4th May 2020|
|Dates of Interview||5th February – 10th February 2020||4th May – 12th May 2020|
|Result for Interview||14th February 2020||14th May 2020|
|Date of Admission||14th February – 31st March 2020||14th May – 30th May 2020|
- The applicants, after Schedule I, who wants to improve the result, may also appear for the second time in Schedule II. The better score will be considered for the final calculation of the cut-offs/ ranks.
- Applicants are strongly advised not to wait for the last dates as mentioned above and apply as well as book and appear for the exam at the earliest to avoid last month rush.
- This is the tentative schedule; any of the date(s) and other details as mentioned above is subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- No separate intimation or announcement to any applicant(s) will be given.
# Candidate can select any suitable date and test centre from the list available on Test Cities, subject to its availability.
* It is advised not to wait for the last moment as you may not get the desired time and date for the exam.
The term(s)/ expression(s) mentioned along with the nomenclature of the programme(s) indicates the uniqueness (stream, major, scheme combination, progression option etc.) as the case may be.