Indira Gandhi Institute of Cooperative Management, Lucknow (IGICM) is one of the first management institutes in the state which was established in 1956. The institute has been operating under the management of NCCT (National Council for Co-operative Training), New Delhi and receives its funding from Ministry of Agriculture, Department of co-operation, Government of India.
- The institute has its center for Management Education (ME) which conducts Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program duly approved by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), Ministry of HRD, Govt of India, New Delhi.
- Intake capacity - 60 students for the M. B. A. course and around 85 students for the Diploma courses.
- The institute acts as a nodal agency for the various research, training and consultancy needs of the co operative departments and institutions in the state, in addition it serves as a think tank for sorting out specific problems of the state’s co-operatives.
- The institute has been set up with the objective of imbibing the co operative enterprises with professionalization of Management.
- Some of the companies visiting the campus for placement are IFFCO, India Infoline, KRIBHCO, Malyalam Manorama, Reliance Communication, Religares, Axis Bank, Bharat Electronic, ITI Limited, Sugar Factory, Bharti AXA, Eveready Battery, etc.
Research: IGICM is a recognized centre where research is conducted in various disciplines of rural development, economics and cooperation. The Institute has undertaken and completed a number of research projects in the area of rural development, co operatives, etc.
IGICM Lucknow Facilities
The institute has adequate number of class rooms and places for HDCM, MBA and other Short-Term training Programmes equipped with modern teaching and training aids with air conditioning facility. The spacious & well-furnished classrooms provide the most conducive environment for dynamic and focused discussion. The classroo