Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), New Delhi Overview
Education - Enlightenment - Empowerment
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), Delhi was established by Delhi Government in May 2013 vide Delhi State Legislature Act 9, 2012 in order to play a major role in the capacity building and imparting high quality technical education to the Women of our country.
In last seven years, the University has achieved a number of milestones and has been awarded the 2nd fastest growing university by India Today group.
University has also achieved ISO 9001:2015 QMS Certification. Other recognitions also include Mrs. Rahatun Nesa Ali Memorial ISTE National Award for Best Women Engineering College of India and the Notable Mention Award – Delhi by AICTE.
- To make India a Knowledge Society and Knowledge Economy by empowering the women of our country through education in Engineering, Science, Management and Technology.
- To become one of the top technical Universities in the country known for its value based, quality technical education supported with industry relevant research, with focus on environmental and social issues.
- To foster an environment for excellence in professional education and ensure active participation of women in the field of Engineering, Science, Management and Technology, while striking out a work-life balance.
- To start new professional courses for women in sun-rise disciplines and forge alliances with industry to impart industry relevant education.
- To emancipate women through pursuit of knowledge enabling them to gain equal status in society through realization of their rights and responsibilities.
- To develop sustainable systems and state-of-the-art infrastructure to enable the Indian women to become the future Leaders, managers, Researchers and productive team players in the field of science, engineering, technology and management.