GITAM School of International Business (GSIB), Visakhapatnam Overview
GITAM School of International Business, formerly known as GITAM Institute of Foreign Trade (GIFT), was established in the year 1997. Subsequently, when GITAM was declared in 2007 as a Deemed to be University, under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, it was brought within the ambit of GITAM declared as an autonomous School of Excellence in International Business, in recognition of its academic leadership in International Business in the Country. University Grants Commission (UGC), MHRD, New Delhi has granted independent recognition to GITAM School of International Business and all the Programmes offered by the School have approval of the UGC.
GITAM is accredited with “A+” Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), MHRD, New Delhi. GITAM School of International Business (GSIB) is a member of Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – International, USA.
GITAM School of International Business (GSIB), Visakhapatnam is conceptualized as a centre for excellence in teaching, training, research and consultancy in International Business, and acclaimed as one of the top-ranking B-Schools in International Business in the country by many surveys and by rating agencies. Acknowledging the meteoric rise in the demand for data scientists and business analysts across the world, GSIB pioneered the introduction of Business Analytics, in 2013, as an elective in the flagship MBA programmes followed by a one-year Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics in collaboration with IBM in 2015. The School currently offers the following programmes:
- M.B.A (International Business)
- M.B.A (International Banking& Finance)
- M.B.A (Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics
- M.Phil & Ph.D (Full-Time & Part-Time)
The School has entered into MoUs with Burgundy School of Business, Dijon, Paris, and International University of Paris, Nanterre, France, University of Virgin Islands, USA, Northern Illinois University, Chicago, USA, Regent Business School, South Africa for exchange of students, faculty and collaborative research. MoU with Hanze University, Groningen, The Netherlands, Beijing Normal University, University of International Business & Economics, Beijing, China, Kathmandu University School of Management, Nepal.
- Foreign Languages
- Listed Among Top 5 B-Schools In International Focus in India (Source: India Today Aspire December 2016).
- International Faculty from Academia and Industry.
- Opportunities to study on Exchange Programmes.
- International Study Tour.
- International and Domestic Study Tours
- Project Based Learning & Case based Teaching.
- Design Thinking Workshop.
- Management Professional Development Programmes.
- Campus to Corporate Training Programme.
- Business Simulation Games.