Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan Institute of Management Science (BIMS) was founded in 1938. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education and affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology and Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal. BIMS offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Management.
Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan Institute of Management Science (BIMS) Highlights
Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan Institute of Management Science (BIMS) Courses
Course 1: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Eligibility: 10+2 (HSC) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
Duration: 3 years
Total Fees (INR): 2,70,000
Course 2: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Graduation with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Obtained a valid score in MAT/JEMAT or CAT/CMAT/XAT.
Duration: 2 years
Total Fees (INR): 5,51,000
Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan Institute of Management Science (BIMS) Admission
The admission procedure of the institute is listed below:
- Visit the official website of the college and click on the ‘Online Application’ tab.
- Choose the course according to your preference and fill the form.
- Applicants are required to pay the admission fee via online or offline mode.
- For online mode, applicants are required to pay admission fee via NEFT. Bank details are given below:
Bank of Baroda Branch - Salt Lake Sector-III Branch Kolkata
IFSC Code: BARB0SALCAL
A/C No - 29460100006973
- For offline mode, applicants are required to submit a DD issued in favour of ‘Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan Institute of Management Science’ payable at Kolkata.
- Take a printout of the form and submit it to the given address:
Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan Institute of Management Science,
Block FA, Sector-III, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata - 700 097, West Bengal
For BBA, marks obtained in the 10+2 (HSC).
Step 1: For MBA, applicants will be selected on the basis of marks secured in any of the following exams:
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
- JEMAT (Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test)
Step 2: Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan Institute of Management Science (BIMS) Placement
The Training and Placement Cell of the institute bridges a gap between BIMS and Corporate sectors. The institute organizes frequent Industrial visits so that the students are exposed to various practices. Students get the opportunity to interact with professionals working in the corporate sectors. Some of the potential recruiters of BIMS are NIIT, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HSBC, Emami, Citi Bank, Cipla, Asian Paints, Indiabulls, Whirlpool, Pepsi, Infosys, Kotak, Wipro and many more.
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science (BIMS) Facilities
- Seminar & Guest Lecture: Experts are invited to prepare students for workshops, seminars, guest-lecture. Corporate Executive visits institution every Saturday to interact with the students and share their knowledge and experience.
- Library: BIMS Library is a fully functional library where students can get access to printed items along with the digital holding in the form of e-Books and e-Journals. It is a repository of text and reference books, national and international journals, magazines, project reports, newspapers, CD’s on a wide range of subjects. The Library consists of 14,000 volumes of books.
- Faculty: The institution has qualified faculty that plays a vital role in the career development of students.